Respected Contributor

Online photo editing website recommendations

Does anyone have an online photo editing website they can recommend?  Free or with a fee?  I am not looking for anything fancy...just basic editing, adding text to photos, etc.  I am interested in a website not an app.  I have used PicMonkey for my photo editing for years.  They've recently changed their website as Adobe will no longer be supported.  Their new editing tools do not provide the same effect, and there are several other things I do not like about it, so if I can find something else I like better, I am not going to renew my subscription in January.  Thank you for any and all recommendations!

Contributor

Re: Online photo editing website recommendations

I use PhotoShop so I do it myself on the computer.  Not knowing exactly what you are wanting done, I found 4 sites you could look into.  Make sure you read their terms of service before uploading something.  Make sure when uploading a photo that you are not digitally giving them permmision to keep the photo on their servers.  You always want to keep the rights to your digital photos. 

That being said, here are the sites I found you could look into.

https://pixlr.com/

https://www.befunky.com/

https://www.canva.com/photo-editor/

https://www.fotor.com/

Good luck and I hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

@FreedomShopper , thank you so much!  I have been editing a photo on Fotor to see what it's like, so I was glad to see that on your list.

Honored Contributor

I use Photoshop Elements, but if all you're doing is adding text to photos you can do that in Paint which is included on every Windows computer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman , thanks for the recommendation.  I do basic editing, a bit of advanced editing, add graphics, add text, etc.  I have a blog that I do for fun so nothing for commercial purposes or anything like that.  I have a Macbook Pro so should probably check out the built-in photo editing program as well as the one you suggested.  I played around a bit more with the Fotor program this morning, and while not as feature-laden as the original PicMonkey program, it is pretty decent.  I do have more programs to check out, though.  I have been paying for a program all these years so am fine with a paid subscription if it will get me what I want.  I am trying to find one that has the things I like about PicMonkey before my subscription ends mid-January, because there is no way I'm keeping that subscription unless something changes on their site, which is not likely to happen.  I can't believe that after the site redesign, their photo editing became very complicated to do as well as did not produce good results at all.  Between the changes in it, the changes in Blogger, and the changes in Facebook...all happening at the same time...I am about done for.  lol  Figures it would all happen in 2020, too.  lol

ETA:  I just checked out Photoshop Elements.  Is the $99 license fee the only cost?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg   I was going to suggest Photos if I knew you have a Mac.  Your original post stated "website" NOT an app.  So I kept my cyber mouth shut. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Ainhisg   I was going to suggest Photos if I knew you have a Mac.  Your original post stated "website" NOT an app.  So I kept my cyber mouth shut. Smiley Tongue

Yes, I am interested in a website as originally stated. I did check out the photos app on my MacBook Pro, but it doesn't quite meet my needs.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@gardenman , thanks for the recommendation.  I do basic editing, a bit of advanced editing, add graphics, add text, etc.  I have a blog that I do for fun so nothing for commercial purposes or anything like that.  I have a Macbook Pro so should probably check out the built-in photo editing program as well as the one you suggested.  I played around a bit more with the Fotor program this morning, and while not as feature-laden as the original PicMonkey program, it is pretty decent.  I do have more programs to check out, though.  I have been paying for a program all these years so am fine with a paid subscription if it will get me what I want.  I am trying to find one that has the things I like about PicMonkey before my subscription ends mid-January, because there is no way I'm keeping that subscription unless something changes on their site, which is not likely to happen.  I can't believe that after the site redesign, their photo editing became very complicated to do as well as did not produce good results at all.  Between the changes in it, the changes in Blogger, and the changes in Facebook...all happening at the same time...I am about done for.  lol  Figures it would all happen in 2020, too.  lol

ETA:  I just checked out Photoshop Elements.  Is the $99 license fee the only cost?

Watch their site (and others) and you'll be able to get it for $49.99 on occasion and often at $69.99. I wouldn't pay full price since I know it's on sale on a very routine basis. I just peeked around and Best Buy has the combo pack of Photoshop Elements and also their video editing software Premiere Elements for $79.99. B&H photos has the same deal. If you do any video editing, that's a pretty good deal. I'd buy that over just Photoshop Elements at $99.99 anyway. You save $20 and get an extra program besides. Black Friday sales are coming soon and that software will likely be featured at some sites. You'll almost certainly find Photoshop Elements for $69.99 and likely for $49.99.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman , thank you, as always, for your response as well as the info that it can be purchased elsewhere and at a cheaper cost!  I had no idea, so I really appreciate you taking the time to check things out online and let me know about the prices currently available.  I don't need anything until mid-January, so I may try the free trial period and see if it's the one I want.