Regular Contributor

So was the one day xbox sale yesterday a good deal?  I bought one for my son(he just recently mentioned wanting one).

There are so many different bundles, between here and the warehouse clubs it's hard to really know if what you're getting is really the best deal.

Figured I'd get it while available, they kinda put the pressure on with it being a one day deal, but it can always be returned.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the sale. 

Which bundle did you get and/or which bundle was QVC offering?  To determine if you got a deal, do research for the bundle that you got your son.

Also, determine if the QVC's Xbox is the latest version.  The newest version is Xbox One.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

It is the lastest version.  It comes with different add ons, which is where the confusion comes in, how much is each thing worth seperately.

Item # is E228506, I got it for $499, now at $530. Both offer free S&H.

Valued Contributor

i was really looking for it . where is the sale?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It was at 4 in the morning on the 18th that they were offering this particular bundle at a discounted price(for one day only), from what they would normally charge.  But even at the higher price, from what they show, if everything offered was purchased seperately it's still a savings, or so they say?

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to be honest with you, most tech bundles on QVC are not good values. This one falls into that category. QVC tends to bundle unnecessary accessories that bump up the "retail value" to make you think you're getting a good deal. I took a gander at 2 large brick and mortar stores (BB and the store with the red bullseye) to compare values. The Xbox one bundle with the 1TB hard drive with a game included runs about $399.99 ($100 less than you paid). Both of these stores are offering a second free game of your choice. The only thing that the QVC bundle includes that may be of value is the 3 month Xbox live membership. I don't know how old your son is, but depending on his age, you may or may not want him to play online. The 3 month membership is a $24.99 value. The other included accessories that QVC throws in is the controller "skin" (not necessary), charging cradle (not needed as a cable comes with the console), and multiple other vouchers that I don't even know what they're for. The only incentive that QVC has is the easy pay. Overall though, you are paying more than you need to. Please scope things out, especially with Black Friday around the corner, you may find better prices. @Nickname1

Regular Contributor

NP, thanks for your honesty. I'm really not surprised being that they make it a one day offer making you feel more pressured into buying.

My son only recently mentioned wanting a xbox one (he has the 360), so I haven't really done any price checking on it, so seeing the easrly morning presentation was kinda like my education on this new version. The warehouse clubs I belong to do have the console and one game for less and even those you have to compare one store to another.

I do have time to send this one back if I decide to purchase it somewhere else.