Valued Contributor

Okay, I gave up....done with Windows 10 reinstalled Windows 7

For me, it was as bad as fighting to use this board. We lost all our favorite card games. Husband had a timed game and it was so slow that he couldn't play it.

Tried to make it possible to have a second opening screen for him but it didn't have Outlook Express or Internet Explorer on his page. I had it but he didn't.

Wanted us to use Bing instead of Google. And would toss you to their E browser from any question you gave by voice.

So I'm back where we are comfortable. Maybe later.

Respected Contributor

Re: Okay, I gave up....done with Windows 10 reinstalled Windows 7

how hard was that for you to do.    I'm want to wait a while but I really need my itunes

Honored Contributor

From all the comments I've read so far, I'm sticking with "7"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Windows 7 is the only way to go..

Don't fall for all you hear with 10 it is as bad as 8......

Why do they always feel the need to change.............. 

Trusted Contributor

RICK IS ON WITH WINDOWS 10 , along with an "EXPERT" RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just brought a HP computer on clearance with windows 7 premium and love it! I tried to install on my Toshiba computer windows 10 and all it did was tell me to install over and over again the same updates. I will not do that again. I am going to get windows 7 for my Toshiba too.

Valued Contributor

Do you mean how hard was it to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7? If so, it was very easy. I googled it and was give very easy instructions.

Go to settings, click update and security

Choose Recovery, then get started (click on it)

That's it.

Respected Contributor

I got itunes back today.  I'm so glad because I really didn't want to uninstall.   If you decide to install windows 10 before you do it I would recommend that you manually go in and make a restore point.   I did read where windows 7 is going to be supported untill at least 2020.      

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad you got your iTunes back!

What i decided to do, along with NOT upgrading my existing computers (I have one Win8.1 and two Win7) to Win10, is to order another computer with 8.1 before the prices go up on that OS.   

I can deal with 8.1, because I install 'classic shell' so that it looks and operates like Win7.  But I have this weird, sneaking, feeling that Win10 may not be for me - at least not right out of the gate.  Smiley Happy

My only other issue with Win8/8.1 is that they took away the Windows games that were on all my computers up through Win7.   I play solitaire.  But I was fortunate to find out how to get those games added back onto the new computers.  I wonder if they are back with Win10.  I really missed my solitaire until I was able to get it back.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Glad you got your iTunes back!

What i decided to do, along with NOT upgrading my existing computers (I have one Win8.1 and two Win7) to Win10, is to order another computer with 8.1 before the prices go up on that OS.   

I can deal with 8.1, because I install 'classic shell' so that it looks and operates like Win7.  But I have this weird, sneaking, feeling that Win10 may not be for me - at least not right out of the gate.  Smiley Happy

My only other issue with Win8/8.1 is that they took away the Windows games that were on all my computers up through Win7.   I play solitaire.  But I was fortunate to find out how to get those games added back onto the new computers.  I wonder if they are back with Win10.  I really missed my solitaire until I was able to get it back.

The games are not including in Window 10 for free. You maybe able to buy games at the Microsoft store as an app.

Many of us play games on a smartphone or a tablet.