Honored Contributor

Re: Oh, no, I think I deleted....

You'll get a second reminder. At least we did. DH had submitted it already so I tossed the second letter away.

Super Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I refuse to fill out any census information.  The government already knows all they need to know about me.

She's probably an illegal, with no business being here in the first place!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@wismiss- We got a letter in the mail (USPS) with the code we needed for the census and we used that code to complete it online.  I'm not sure about getting anything sent via email; I'd be dubious about that.

However, the letter we got said that, if we did not complete the census online within a certain length of time, we would be sent one in the mail to complete.

I wouldn't worry about it.  The Census Bureau will follow up on it, if you haven't filled it in.

(ETA: - I just checked the Census Bureau's website.  It says they will send out invitations to complete the survey by mail, from March 12 - 20.  There is no mention of anything being sent by email.)

We received the same letter via US mail. I think it gave a deadline of April 1 to login if you want to do your census online.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I refuse to fill out any census information.  The government already knows all they need to know about me.

You refuse? Okay then you will have to pay a fine. As long as the census does not ask for SS numbers or mothers maiden name it is not a scam. They only asked us for our ages our names and how many people live in the house. You can not make up the rules to suit  yourself. Do not be surprised if someone from the census comes to pay you a visit.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

She's probably an illegal, with no business being here in the first place!

She is selfish and she is being foolish. It took me 10 minutes to fill out the questioner.