Respected Contributor

Oh No! Oh No! More Tracfone Woes!

Yesterday I went onto Tracfone.com to check the activation date of my current phone (about battery problem), and MY ENTIRE TRACFONE HISTORY HAD DISAPPEARED. Tracfone customer service said IT MUST BE ME BECAUSE THEY HAD NO INDICATION OF ANY KIND OF PROBLEM!!! WHAT THE...???

Today, still no history, payment method, anything. Called again. This time, after two transfers, they admitted the website is undergoing an upgrade, completion date unknown, and "from time to time your information will disappear. Just keep trying every hour or so and you should get it back."

And it did reappear about an hour ago, and now it is gone again.

I think QVC/HSN should use their influence to get some kind of announcement made.

Just making my own announcement here Woman Very Happy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oh No! Oh No! More Tracfone Woes!

I just checked my account. They asked for my password and after I logged in, I was able to access all my balances.

Honored Contributor

I thought about getting one just to have as a backup for my Iphone.  I leave my phone home every now and then.

Lately I've gotten so that I'll leave it at another end of the house.

I'll get up to go to the kitchen then walk into the TV room (family room to some) and the phone is in well...somewhere.

Respected Contributor

Just to be on the safe side,  a screen shot  when your balance shows up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  an Apple Watch. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Nuttmeg for the response.  I have a fitbit something but I only wear it to find out how I sleep (it's great for that).

I just put off buying an apple watch because there are things about it I don't like.  My daughter (helping me right now) has the latest and greatest Apple watch so I'm familiar with them.

I just liked the idea of having another phone (I know the number would be different) to keep in my car for an emergency.  

My other car was connected so I could MAKE calls from my car directly, this one only goes through my car.  It probably does but I never figured it out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They have changed the way you access the "My Tracfone" app recently and as I recall I had a problem finding it also, but  it was actually there, if you go to Settings and scroll down your apps you will likely find it

If all else fails, texting 611611 will usually take you to your account and let you do whatever you need to your account

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker 

OK! I knew about 611611 but had never tried it. Just did and it works well.

Also, I can get to the Tracfone website and open my account by using my phone for the internet connection.

However, still having difficulty opening my account if I use my laptop. I've tried various browsers but all with the same outcome.

Now must decide when to make a phone change because of the degrading battery. Still takes a charge. Buy a new phone or reactivate one a few years old that I still have. Sometimes with technology it's best to always move forward.

Thanks for your help.