Honored Contributor

Does anyone use this?

We just "upgraded" to it and I HATE it! I have spent a less than productive morning trying to work on a few documents (PPT and Word) in two different browsers. I don't like that some features are disabled, so you have to use shortcuts, which don't work for some things.

GRR! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Trusted Contributor

Might as well try to get used to it....from what I've been reading, I think that the new Windows OS (Windows 9, also called Threshhold) may turn out to be similar. Evidently Microsoft is thinking about having 9 subscription-based with a lot of the features located in the "cloud" instead of on your computer.

I bought regular Office 2013 for my new Windows 8.1 computer because I thought it would be easier to handle. I'm glad I didn't go with the 365 version.

Trusted Contributor

Do you have any anti-virus software installed? I found that software had some things disabled, such as Copy/Paste. Really had me frustrated for months until I found a solution on a forum. Check that first. Now that I fixed those things I don't have trouble with the applications.

I'm having trouble with OneDrive itself but not Word, Excel, etc. Everything that I use works and I'm a power user.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

BTW, the anti-virus may have shortcuts disabled for only some programs but not all. So just because something like Copy/Paste works in one place doesn't mean it's not the Anti-Virus preventing its use in another program.

KJPA
Honored Contributor
On 8/1/2014 KJPA said:

BTW, the anti-virus may have shortcuts disabled for only some programs but not all. So just because something like Copy/Paste works in one place doesn't mean it's not the Anti-Virus preventing its use in another program.

Which browser do you use? It doesn't seem to like Chrome.

On some photos, I need to paste, then insert special. I can only do the CTRL + V.

I suppose it will be better when I get to work and can play around, but for now it's driving me crazy!

Honored Contributor

Another thing that is driving me nuts is the Save feature. I have to Save As... and save it to the Cloud. Then, instead of replacing the version (like when I have added another slide to a PPT), it creates another file Name + 1. Then I have to look at the timestamp to make sure it's the version that I want to see.

Trusted Contributor

What you describe would drive me nuts too. Where did you buy your PC and Office 365? I bought mine from Best Buy and bought the Geek Squad stuff so I can get them to answer questions and fix my PCs.

As background, I've worked in the software industry for 20 years as a tech writer, tester, business analyst and I am part of the support/help desk for a software company with customers all over the world. My hubby has been in the IT field for over 30 years. We also have lots of techie/programmer/networker friends. My point is that even though we have friends and family come to us for help I still need the Geek Squad Smiley Wink There are too many variations of everything from your hardware, software, network and apps you use.

Look into something like the Geek Squad if it's still an option for you. I think they are great, at least at our local Best Buy.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

BTW, I know it may sound dumb but after working in this stuff all day, sometimes 12 hours a day, I just want my electronics to work and don't feel like or have time to troubleshoot them myself. That's when Geek Squad is really helpful.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

KJPA