Honored Contributor

Oddest thing happened today with my LG tracfone

[ Edited ]

I accidently bumped something and the flashlight came on. I looked and looked for an app to turn it off but could not find one so I asked google and it said it was a widget called torch - but I couldn't find that either. I ended up having to take the battery out. 

Anyone know how I turned the flashlight on?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oddest thing happened today with my LG tracfone

@151949  Look in your quick settings. Right there along with WiFi, data, screen rotation, airplane setting, all the others up there you should see flashlight.

Tap "Edit" in the quick settings and move flashlight closer if you feel like you're going to use it more often.

Honored Contributor

Yes, of course I looked for the flashlight under the settings - but it isn't there. 

Honored Contributor

Mine is an older model..........but there is actually a flashlight switch on the upper right side of the case

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

No, not in your phone's Settings. In the Quick Settings.

Start at your home screen. Put ONE finger against the glass at the top of the screen. Now slowly draw/drag your finger downward across the glass. It should reveal the Quick Settings and Notification Panel.

Swipe left and right in the Quick Settings to see additional choices. Tap "edit" in the Quick Setting to see all of the other hidden Quick Settings available on your phone. You can drag Quick Settings to rearrange them so that the ones you use most often are available to you quickly.

I don't have your particular phone but the Quick Settings have been revealed by drawing the finger down across the glass on every smartphone phone I've ever used.

@151949

@Desertdi

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Horrors!!!

I see in one of my phones the quick settings are the settings in the notification panel. In the other phone the quick settings are what they call the settings in the phone settings.

So I am sure I have confused you. I am not talking about the phone's settings. I'm talking about the settings that you see when you draw your finger down across the glass regardless of what they call it in that particular Android OS phone. Sorry for the confusion!!!!!

@151949

@Desertdi

Honored Contributor

Doesn't matter because it isn't there anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

You didnt write what model LG. I read on some models you have to drag your finger down the glass twice.

The other option would be among the widgets.

In the Jellybean  Android phone the widgets are right in the app drawer, next to the apps. Just tap the app drawer in the home screen.

In the Lollypop Android I place and HOLD one finger on any open spot on my home screen. The widgets are revealed. Tap the word widgets to view them.

@151949, the first time my flashlight turned itself on I ended up removing the battery, as you did, because I couldn't find the control. 

I found a control you can use in a pinch. It works for me and overrode my manual flashlight control.

Open the Google app and use the microphone, starting with "OK Google"  then say "turn flashlight on". 

It will turn your phone's light on and give you a temporary off button. You can either turn it off at the button or you can say "OK Google" . . . "turn flashlight off".