Respected Contributor

OMG! Just turned on QVC. That Printer is only $80?

Regular retail value $432.00!! Wow!

That's a steal!

E-226240 Wireless Touch Printer! HP Envy 5535

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Frequent Contributor

Re: OMG! Just turned on QVC. That Printer is only $80?

I believe that this is the same printer that HSN sold recently. It has gotten pretty good reviews. If you print a lot, they have the instant ink option that comes out to about 6 cents/sheet.

Super Contributor

I did get this printer from HSN recently. Same price and free shipping too. We like it.
Respected Contributor

$432.00? Really? That is very high. Search Goggle & you'll find prices much lower. This is a very inflated retail price QVC is quoting.

I have one I bought for less than $100 last year.

Respected Contributor

What a change. Most printers are sold cheap so the money can be made on the ink. If this one uses less, that truly is a bargain.

Respected Contributor

AND FREE SHIPPING? You're kidding me! QVC doing free shipping?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 fluffie said:

I believe that this is the same printer that HSN sold recently. It has gotten pretty good reviews. If you print a lot, they have the instant ink option that comes out to about 6 cents/sheet.

"instant ink"? Oh! I'll have to look it up. Not sure what that is. Does this have FAX capability too?

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Skylands said:

$432.00? Really? That is very high. Search Goggle & you'll find prices much lower. This is a very inflated retail price QVC is quoting.

I have one I bought for less than $100 last year.

Yeah, that includes all the extra stuff that most people probably won't even use:

• Includes Envy 5535 printer, one black and one cyan/magenta/yellow cartridge, USB cable, power cord, and software bundle: Corel PaintShop Pro X6, 1 year of PicMonkey Royale, 1 year of Buncee Plus, 9 months of PaperACT 4 Draws, CoreFx Creative, 20 4x8 photo paper cards from Snapfish, and 100 4x6 photo prints every month for one year from Snapfish
You can find this printer for around $80 - $160 elsewhere right now.

And Instant Ink is a re-order service where you estimate how many pages you print a month and then pay monthly for HP to send you the ink to print that many pages a month. It works if you're a pretty steady printer, but doesn't work as well if you're sporadic or rarely print. I went through that option when I helped my parents pick out a new printer. (I did get them an HP and it's similar to this one, but not this model.) They only print a few pages a month, like 2. It means they have to clean the heads and waste ink whenever they do print, but there's not much than can be done about it. They just don't need to print much but mom wanted a printer for those 2 pages a month she might want to print.

Super Contributor

Shop around because I recently bought an HP OfficeJet Pro that copies, scans, faxes for $129. You may want the other features. Check your national office supply stores or electronics stores for sales.

$439 for retail on HP is way, way too high.

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 ivey said:

Shop around because I recently bought an HP OfficeJet Pro that copies, scans, faxes for $129. You may want the other features. Check your national office supply stores or electronics stores for sales.

$439 for retail on HP is way, way too high.

This one also copies and scans. I don't think it faxes, but that's so rare these days. Once something is scanned, I just email it. Shopping around is ALWAYS good advice, though.