Frequent Contributor

Nuvision tablet not connecting to wi-fi

Starting yesterday my Nuvision 10" tablet is having trouble connecting to my wi-fi at home.  I keep getting a connection failure message.  I have used the forget function and typed in my password numerous times, and it has connected for a while both yesterday and today and then failed again.  My laptop is fine, so it can't be my router. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have. This is getting very frustrating!  I got the tablet in December, and up until now, I have been quite happy with it for my needs.  I love the size and hope I don't have to give it up.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nuvision tablet not connecting to wi-fi

I am having the same problem with my LePan...all of sudden it won't connect...I have three other tablets and a computer that are all connected and working fine....the "rebel" works for games but not for e-mail...hope someone answers you...

Honored Contributor

It can be an issue with just one device and still be the router. I'd restart the router and you might even want to restart your modem. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

It can be an issue with just one device and still be the router. I'd restart the router and you might even want to restart your modem. 

I agree. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's true. Other things that don't make sense to me - sometimes my cable box won't display a couple of stations while the others are fine and the fix is usually disconnecting the cable, then reconnecting it. The cable tech support person explained it to me and I still think it sounds crazy, but there it is.

Honored Contributor

Check and see if you have accidently turned on "airplane mode".   I did that once. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I did try rebooting the router/modem yesterday, and it seemed to work. However, the same problem recurred today. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Respected Contributor

@neetsPA wrote:

I did try rebooting the router/modem yesterday, and it seemed to work. However, the same problem recurred today. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

I had a similar problem, dropped connections, and it turned out to be my router.  Why only one device had the dropped connection, I don't know.  But I replaced the router and the dropped connections stopped. 

You can also try getting into the router settings and change the channel it uses.  I'd need to know the brand and model number of your router to give instructions how to do that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@neetsPA wrote:

If you are using a combo unit, provided by your cable company, you may need an upgrade. You cable company replaces this unit with another.

Frequent Contributor

nutmeg3 I do have the combo unit from the cable company, so I will have to check on that.  Thanks.