Valued Contributor

Re: Nook Free Fridays Thread

Nook blog seems to be belly up again today.  But the Free Friday book for July 17, 2015 is "The Gray and Guilty Sea" by Scott William Carter writing as Jack Nolte. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ceekay wrote:

Nook blog seems to be belly up again today.  But the Free Friday book for July 17, 2015 is "The Gray and Guilty Sea" by Scott William Carter writing as Jack Nolte. 

thanks for posting.  This seems like it might be a good book. It has good reviews on audible.  I got the book because even if I don't have time to read it. I might feel like buying the audible one for 1.99 someday.

The Gray and Guilty Sea: An Oregon Coast Mystery (Garrison Gage Series Book 1)

The Grey and Guilty Sea

Respected Contributor

7/24/2015  not free for kindle

Singing Bird

Singing Bird By Roisin McAuley

Spoiler
Twenty-seven years after she adopted her baby in Ireland, Lena Molloy receives a call from the nun who set up the adoption. Sister Monica claims that she wants merely to tie up loose ends in her old age, but Lena becomes frightened that something more threatening lies behind the call, and she sets off on a journey to Ireland, with her best friend, to find her daughter’s birth parents.

“McAuley’s engrossing tale provides not only a perceptive look at the many facets of the adoption process but also a slowly evolving mystery that takes Lena down paths she never expected to follow.” — Booklist

Free app  

July 24, 2015: Today’s Free Fridays app selection is BREAK IT DOWN! – a satisfyingly destructive game where you must demolish various structures to get to the next level.

Sounds like a healthy stress reliever to us! 

Respected Contributor

An American Werewolf In Hoboken by  Dakota Cassidy

7/31/2015  nook /kindle

Respected Contributor

8/7 kindle and nook  

Thread of Hope by Jeff Shelby 

Esteemed Contributor

Free Friday for August 14, 2015

BLACK DOG 

FREE FRIDAYS BOOK

August 14, 2015: Today’s Free Fridays eBook selection is BLACK DOG, a relentless, atmospheric debut thriller by Stephen Booth. 

Overview

Who killed Laura Vernon?

The helicopters are halted. The dogs are called off. The search for beautiful, teenage Laura Vernon is over. Her body is found, mutilated, in the forest.

When he takes on the case, Ben Cooper is paired with a new partner: Diane Fry, a woman as tenacious as she is alluring. The two detectives are like fire and gasoline. But they must learn to work together to apprehend a killer who is hiding in plain sight.

This relentless, atmospheric thriller is perfect for readers of New York Times bestselling authors Ian Rankin and Peter Robinson, and for viewers of the hit TV series The Killing.

“Stephen Booth’s Black Dog sinks its teeth into you and doesn’t let you go. Powerful, atmospheric and as dark as its title, it is a serious novel of character and relationships as well as an ingeniously plotted and neatly resolved detective story. A dark star may be born!” — Reginald Hill, creator of the Dalziel and Pascoe series

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

8/14  nook and kindle

Black Dog: A Cooper & Fry Mystery
by Stephen Booth     This is a British author published by harper collins impulse

Super Contributor

Hi! I have not posted on this thread before, but I want to thank those who take the time to post the book info.  Since the forum change, I have not been able to locate it, until recently.

So. today I realize that it hasn't been updated for 2 weeks. Is there another thread? I have done a search and this one is all that I can find. If there is another, I would really like to find it. I enjoy reviewing the books i have acquired to see what I might want to read next. It's interesting to me to look back over the past weeks.

Happy reading!

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Valued Contributor

FREE FRIDAYS BOOK

September 4, 2015: Today’s Free Fridays eBook selection is ALIEN HUNTERS, Book One in Daniel Arenson’s action-packed space adventure series. 

Overview

The skelkrins. Predators from deep space. Creatures of claws, fangs, and unending malice. They swarm across the galaxy, slaying all in their path. Planets burn in their wake. And now they’re heading to Earth.

Raphael “Riff” Starfire commands the Alien Hunters, a group of scruffy mercenaries. Galactic pest controllers, they mostly handle small critters — aliens that clog up your engine pipes, gnaw on your hull, or burrow through your silos.

Riff and his crew have never faced anything like the skelkrins before. As these cosmic killers invade our solar system, will Riff be the one hunting aliens… or will aliens hunt him?

ALIEN HUNTERS – a space opera adventure for fans of Star WarsFirefly, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Super Contributor

Ok. So all those views and no reply to my question. That's alright. I still enjoy this thread and I'm glad I found it again.

Thanks again to those who post the info.Smiley Happy

Have a great day everyone.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15