Honored Contributor

Re: Newest MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro 14”

I aspire for a Macbook--but settled for a new PC laptop just because my old one bite the dust. I am going thru some legal issues and decided to use the OS I am familiar with to deal with the documents there are to fill out. I do have an Iphone, and 3 ipads that I LOVE. When I was thinking about Macs, I googled compare the Air and Pro to see what offered what. That was very helpful, then you have the budget aspect too. You might try that. 

Honored Contributor

I am on my third Air and haven't had an issue with updates ever.  Nor do I know of any issues with updates with the Pro we have either.  

And I don't have many things to attach via a port  so that has never been an issue either.  Most things are wireless which is a blessing.

The weight of the Air is a huge desider for me.  It sits on my lap comfortable and weighs about nothing.  Plus I have a place to rest my wrists then typing!  LOL!!  Unlike the IPad setup. And the Pro is heavier--maybe the newest ones aren't?  I don't think ours is the newest just announced--think we got it last year?  I can't remember! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14

You are very wise with your money. I would go to Amazon today and pre-order your laptop, because there is a chip shortage. When this current supply is sold you will have to wait for a re-order. The question is how long. 

You can not find an iPad 9th generation tablet anywhere. It is not available at Amazon or Walmart. 

Valued Contributor

I just got the Mac book Pro a few months ago , and I love it ! I have used Windows on Dell forever and can't believe the difference .  The Mac Book Pro does everything I ask and no fuss either .  Can't believe how many hours l spent on the Dell just to get a simple project done . 

Respected Contributor

@judianne  Could tell me what size and model did you get? I don't have to get the newest one that just came out if the one before that is almost as good. I can buy the extra ports accessory if needed. 
I had a MacBook Pro several years ago and loved it. Wish I had kept it as the Windows 17" laptop us no where as good as a MacBook.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg @In my Sunday paper this week there was an ad advertising the 9th gen iPad. There is one. Here is the photo: This is on the Apple site. Surprised me too.

568DAF60-9CF7-4537-A4BB-5191485CD3FD.png

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@Nuttmeg @In my Sunday paper this week there was an ad advertising the 9th gen iPad. There is one. Here is the photo: This is on the Apple site. Surprised me too.

568DAF60-9CF7-4537-A4BB-5191485CD3FD.png

@MKR14

I am surprised that you found an ad in your Sunday paper. I noticed customers could find the IPad at Best Buy. 

Respected Contributor

The ad flyer was from Target in this past Sundays paper. I thought maybe the new iPad mini maybe was a 9th gen also.

The new iPad mini looks really nice but I don't need one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordered my new Macbook Pro 14" laptop today. It will be here the middle of January. I kept putting off ordering until after the Christmas rush. I am excited to get this. Since I do use my iPads the most there will be no need to upgrade MacBook Pro models in the future after this for me.

Happy Holidays and be safe.