Honored Contributor

I have a Samsung galaxy centura which is a true smartphone and I really like it. I'm not glued to my phone 24/7 and the few things I have used it for (GPS directions,emails, texts, a few apps and I have downloaded books to a micro SD card as well as music).Over the years I have accrued so many minutes and when I got this phone they were also converted to the same amount for texts, talk and internet.

Super Contributor

My daughter and I purchased the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura with 1200 talk, text, and data. They are both android phones (smart phone) purchased thru QVC. Hers works great and mine is quirky with occasional screen freezes and black out screens, I hold the on/off button in to reboot. Still better than my old flip phone.

I purchased the Tracfone LG Optimus Dynamic android phone from QVC for my husband and it works perfectly for him, his buttons are bigger, no phone freeze, no complaints. He has 1200 talk, text and data.

Both phones LG and Samsung have triple minutes for life, love not having monthly phone bills for phones that are not heavily used.

Contributor
On 10/21/2014 nutmeg3 said:

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/samsung-galaxy-ace-style-s765c-coming.html

This phone has a higher level of the Android OS. You want to check online for reviews.

This article is from back in June and the phone was released for Net10 only. I'm still checking every day for a good tracfone bundle here and hsn.

Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 madcity411 said:
On 10/21/2014 happy housewife said:

The LG optima is a true "smart phone" - an upgrade from the 840g. It is certainly not anywhere near a iphone or the samsung galaxy 5 but it is a great way to explore if you think a smart phone is a good investment for you, at a fraction of the price of a iphone or a samsung.

The LG Optimus Dynamic II is another great option for the money! Smile

I was waiting and waiting foe the new Tracfones to come out and finally broke down and ordered the LG Optimus Dynamic II. I had a "dumb phone" so this phone is an upgrade for me. Honestly I don't use my phone much and can't see spending a lot of money on something I hardly use.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Irishpat1944 said:
On 10/21/2014 nutmeg3 said:

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/samsung-galaxy-ace-style-s765c-coming.html

This phone has a higher level of the Android OS. You want to check online for reviews.

This article is from back in June and the phone was released for Net10 only. I'm still checking every day for a good tracfone bundle here and hsn.

This blog has more current entries. I hope you are getting email alerts from the shopping channels.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/21/2014 di-mc said:

DH and I have Tracfones. Is there any such thing as a "smart" Tracfone? Ours can send texts, take photos, but that's about it. I'd like to have one that has to ability to go on-line, but I do not want to have a contract.

Thanks!

I have an LG (forget the model number) TracFone that I've had for about 1.5 years. It is not a smart phone but does offer you the ability to go online. I've never used it though as I figure it would evaporate my minutes in no time.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I have the LG 840 (a TSV a long time ago). I like the phone, but I cannot send pictures to my e-mail. It all goes well when I try to do it, I attach, I e-mail and then the phone reboots itself every time and I have no e-mails in my Google account from my phone. Am I doing something wrong? I have some pictures on my phone I would like to send.

Can anyone walk me through the steps?

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/24/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

I have the LG 840 (a TSV a long time ago). I like the phone, but I cannot send pictures to my e-mail. It all goes well when I try to do it, I attach, I e-mail and then the phone reboots itself every time and I have no e-mails in my Google account from my phone. Am I doing something wrong? I have some pictures on my phone I would like to send.

Can anyone walk me through the steps?

Thank you!

I have an Android smartphone and use a Google Drive to store my photos. I found the app in Google Play Store.

This is an interactive menu that might help. http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG840G

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 snapdragons said:

My daughter and I purchased the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura with 1200 talk, text, and data. They are both android phones (smart phone) purchased thru QVC. Hers works great and mine is quirky with occasional screen freezes and black out screens, I hold the on/off button in to reboot. Still better than my old flip phone.

I purchased the Tracfone LG Optimus Dynamic android phone from QVC for my husband and it works perfectly for him, his buttons are bigger, no phone freeze, no complaints. He has 1200 talk, text and data.

Both phones LG and Samsung have triple minutes for life, love not having monthly phone bills for phones that are not heavily used.

My experience with the Centura is what caused me to bite the bullet and buy an iPhone. I'd had the LG 840G, then upgraded to the Centura. At the time Android offered its first OS upgrade for the Centura, mine froze and utterly bricked. Deader than a doornail. I had been researching Android phones and probably would have been happy enough with 1 or 2 of the then-current models, but in the end decided to go with what I knew, and what I knew would do what I needed. I know there are great Android phones out there, though.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor
On 10/25/2014 moonchilde said:
On 10/22/2014 snapdragons said:

My experience with the Centura is what caused me to bite the bullet and buy an iPhone. I'd had the LG 840G, then upgraded to the Centura. At the time Android offered its first OS upgrade for the Centura, mine froze and utterly bricked. Deader than a doornail. I had been researching Android phones and probably would have been happy enough with 1 or 2 of the then-current models, but in the end decided to go with what I knew, and what I knew would do what I needed. I know there are great Android phones out there, though.

I think the Samsung Centura can be a good android phone I thought maybe user error since I had a horrible flip phone for years, but may look at other options in the future. Will stick with tracfone. Paid so much money for that Virgin mobile flip phone that would not pair with my car or text easily, and I rarely used was such a waste of money. I did not know of other options till I watched the QVC demo, wished I waited and purchased the LG Optimus Dynamic like I did for my husband, better reviews and that phone works very well for him. My end date is in June so I will be hoping for better android options.