Respected Contributor

I bought new phones for DH and I.  Apple knows how to make $.  They don't even include the adapter for a wall charger.  New iPhone cases, new screen protectors, new adapter and new car chargers.  Anyone else had this experience?  I was changing out an XR.  Thanks heavens for Amazon.

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

I bought new phones for DH and I.  Apple knows how to make $.  They don't even include the adapter for a wall charger.  New iPhone cases, new screen protectors, new adapter and new car chargers.  Anyone else had this experience?  I was changing out an XR.  Thanks heavens for Amazon.

Not including wall chargers is relatively new.  The reason?  Most people have plenty which work or you can buy them separately.  The rest have NEVER been included in the purchase.  Obviously, you're new to Apple. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom1   Respectfully I have to agree with @gadgetgal613  chargers are no longer included because most people now have plenty (I have a plastic bin of them).   They are found everywhere including gas stations.  And with various lengths and colors to choose from people have preferences how long they want the cord depending on where they will be charging it.  Also with all the different wireless choices people tend to want to buy their own anyway.    

The other items you mentioned again were never included in any phone I bought they were separate items I got at the store when I bought the phone and it's been that way for many years.   Maybe you're thinking of QVC's "bundles" and you are paying for those to be in a bundle so it appears you are getting them "with" the phone but they just tossed together the items for sale purposes.  I prefer to buy my own case as I am sure plenty here will agree. I like my Otterbox cases.  Yes they are bulky but when you drop your phone they are one of best protection.  I also like to pick my color for my case.  Have fun with your new phone!!  There are plenty of colors and choices for both the cases and charger cords. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@gadgetgal613 @eadu4  No, not new to Apple.  I had the first iPod they produced.  I have MacBook Pro, Apple Watch, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple AirPods and iPhone so the family of Apple products is not new to me.  The adaptor for iPhone 15 is new.  The previous phone I had was an XR and that did come with an adaptor.  I have no adaptor that fits the 15.

Apple changes fittings regularly as you move through products.  They say the changes are necessary to provide the best technology and I suspect that is probably true but I do think they should provide a complete charging unit for a new device.  

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 , I wasn't referring to the charging cord but the adaptor it fits into.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: New iPhone 15

[ Edited ]

Another one here has a drawerful of various charging blocks. I have both kinds they use for different devices. Honestly, I rarely use them I have wall outlets that have ports and by my sofa I have an electric strip that has ports as well. My car has ports and I have more cords than I know what to do with and I never use screen protectors.

Honored Contributor

Pretty much everyone is going away from including chargers these days.

Where Apple makes their money is on memory upgrades. Memory is relatively cheap unless you have Apple upgrade it on a new device. Their Mac Mini starts at $599 but comes with just 8 GBs of RAM. Want 16 GBs of RAM? It'll cost you $200 more. You can buy, at retail, name-brand 16 GB sticks of RAM for $40 and up. And Apple doesn't pay retail. The Mac Mini comes with a 256 GB hard drive. Want to upgrade it to one terabyte? It'll cost you $400. Many one terabyte SSDs retail for under $100. And Apple doesn't pay retail. That $599 Mac Mini when upgraded to modern standards (16 GBs RAM and a one terabyte hard drive) now doubles in price to $1199. That's where Apple makes their money. And they do it across their entire product line. Their memory prices are typically three times or more the retail price and they don't buy memory at retail prices. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Another one here has a drawerful of various charging blocks. I have both kinds they use for different devices. Honestly, I rarely use them I have wall outlets that have ports and by my sofa I have an electric strip that has ports as well. My car has ports and I have more cords than I know what to do with and I never use screen protectors.

I purchased my 14 at Verizon now over 1 year ago.

I purchased a case that has a magnetic area for charging...it is clear with silver sparkles. None of the cases was cheap tho.

They warned me of the importance of using the proper length cord for the quickest charging.

Many of my appliances call for cords that are USB, so I have outlet "blocks" for that.

The other type which my phone needs is USB-C.

I prefer this newer type because it stays plugged into the wall adapter better. I can charge beside my bed and in my dressing area.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I don't believe they have ever included all that stuff except the wall charger. Certainly not the rest of the items mentioned in my experience anyways.

Respected Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles , yes the only thing not included this time was the wall adaptor.  The others are extras and have been for some time.  Poorly worded on my part.  But that is still typical Apple.  

Still the best technology out there though IMO so I stay with it.  The devices interact so well with each other, it makes life easier!