Honored Contributor

lovestoteach wrote:

@gidgetgh@JaxsMom@Lilysmom@kcladyz

Thanks everybody.

I guess we will start with placing a service call to our ISP next week and if the iPad idiosyncrasies don't resolve, take it to Apple. 

After all, Apple has internet service and we can try it out there.

There's so much good advice on this thread.   @LTT1,   When you have multiple problems it helps to try and identify the common denominator first.    Simplify the investigation rather than trying to change lots of things all at once.  As others have said, the common denominator appears to be the internet connection which is related to everything you describe as being problematic.   You don't say what kind of tv you have or what type of service it uses, so I can't tell if that would be related -- but I'm guessing It's all connected to your service provider.   

There are so many settings and troubleshooting steps to take with each device, but if the connection and data transmission are faulty that needs to be priority one.    Routers definitely fail and sometimes the cables or cable connections need to be replaced, too.   I think your plan is good.   Be firm with the service provider.  And I hope you'll visit Apple as soon as possible, because the staff there are likely to see what's happening.   You might even want to sign into the Community and show the Apple representative exactly what happens when you post, edit, or customize fonts.   Best of luck to you!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: New iPad Pro Complaint

[ Edited ]

kcladyz wrote:

Its your internet connection thats bad not the ipad ot your TV. and the coursor  thing is  an issue with all tablets. But it seems to be worse on an ipad for some reason. I find i have to give up  and retype the sentence  not just the word.  I have the regular new ipad and suprisingly it crashes a lot

@kcladyz, It really shouldn't be a common issue, and I don't have the cursor problem on my very, very old iPad 3 or iPhone 5.   Also, you don't say when you see crashes or what type they are, but you might want to try some basic troubleshooting.   Frequent crashing isn't typical, particularly in a newer device, and would be really annoying and possibly unnecessary to tolerate.

Basic troubleshooting tips:

1.   Be sure you have the most recent version of iOS.

(just go into Settings, choose "General," and then tap "About" to see the "Version.")

2.   Close the multi-tasking apps running in the background.

(Double-click the Home button to see recently used apps and then swipe each one up to close all the apps.)

3.   Clear cookies, cache and website data in Safari.

(Go to Settings, then choose Safari, then choose "Clear History and Website Data" and tap "Clear" when you see the popup. 

Then, choose Safari, "Advanced," "Website Data," and clear all that.  It won't harm anything, your saved login info -- user ID, passwords -- will remain intact.)

4.   Try a simple “Restart”
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

5.   Try a “Hard Reset"
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about eight seconds.   This will force the device to turn off, even if it's frozen.
If it doesn't automatically restart, just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.

6.    If you still have problems, perform a sync/backup  (either with iTunes on your computer or on the iCloud -- whatever you normally do).    This should be done frequently, and not only does it ensure you have a good backup it also frees up space (including removing the stored "Diagnostics & Usage" data) and can clear up a myriad of software glitches.

7.    Completely erasing/resetting the iPad and restoring it from backup can fix many problems.   It's imperative that you first perform a complete backup, unless you simply want to remove everything you've saved and restore the device to factory settings and start from scratch.  

Research this first and be 100% sure you're comfortable taking this step, or do it with Apple Support or someone with experience guiding you through it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: New iPad Pro Complaint

[ Edited ]

Yes, it can still be a connection issue if it's just one device. I had issues with my kindle connection only, I finally had to reboot the modem and the router and that fixed it. I forgot to mention that having the device forget the network connection is an important step. After you reboot everything, then on the device, resave the wifi connection. 

I have an original ipad ( first gen) that has no issues, other than the fact that the OS can't be updated. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Better router.

Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan@jaxs mom@dooBdoo@Shawnie@jackthebear

Thanks to everyone.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

A little off topic,  but can you get a cover/case for this tablet?  I can't remember if it may even come with one.  One that wakes it up when opened.  My first apple product.

Honored Contributor

@turquoisebb wrote:

A little off topic,  but can you get a cover/case for this tablet?  I can't remember if it may even come with one.  One that wakes it up when opened.  My first apple product.

my new iPad doesnt' offer this :-(  as a setting  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

it won't connect to the internet 

it drops the internet connection

my old iPad Air was doing the same thing, so this is no better and enough $ that it SHOULD work smoothly

now we have a tv with rotten sound (upon occasion)]

a tv picture that is bad -- especially Q2 and Beauty IQ

an iPad which is non-responsive (upon occasion) on the Q

board... cannot place the cursor within a typed word to correct it

cannot change the font size and color without a "fight"

I don't know how to correct the inter workings of our tech stuff and does anyone know where I should start?

Sounds l8ke a router issue. Check the router’s antennae