Honored Contributor

it won't connect to the internet 

it drops the internet connection

my old iPad Air was doing the same thing, so this is no better and enough $ that it SHOULD work smoothly

now we have a tv with rotten sound (upon occasion)]

a tv picture that is bad -- especially Q2 and Beauty IQ

an iPad which is non-responsive (upon occasion) on the Q

board... cannot place the cursor within a typed word to correct it

cannot change the font size and color without a "fight"

I don't know how to correct the inter workings of our tech stuff and does anyone know where I should start?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, do you have an Apple Store close?  If not, I would give them a call especially since it is new.

Is your software up to date?  Go into settings and have a look.  Good luck.  LM

Respected Contributor

Its your internet connection thats bad not the ipad ot your TV. and the coursor  thing is  an issue with all tablets. But it seems to be worse on an ipad for some reason. I find i have to give up  and retype the sentence  not just the word.  I have the regular new ipad and suprisingly it crashes a lot

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz@Lilysmom

Thank you both for the input.... 

I did discuss this with the Apple person when we were there. He did tell me it might be the "modem."

Since we got our new modem from our internet provider, they have been out to change it probably at least three times.

Do modems actually go bad?

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, I don't know about you but I hate having an issue that involves Apple and my internet service provider (ISP).  It is a circular discussion with one blaming the other.  THe ISP says we don't do issues related to devices and Apple says not us, it must be the ISP.

My experience is that you have to almost shame them into helping you.  If your ISP has any competition, tell them you need the problem fixed or you will switch to another provider.  Good luck!  LM

Honored Contributor

I'd power it completely down and restart the ipad if that doesn't solve it do the same with your router and modem.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@kcladyz@Lilysmom

Thank you both for the input.... 

I did discuss this with the Apple person when we were there. He did tell me it might be the "modem."

Since we got our new modem from our internet provider, they have been out to change it probably at least three times.

Do modems actually go bad?

@LTT1- of course they do. They're just like anything else. They break. We've changed our modem about 4 times. When I read your first post, the first thing that came to my mind was your router/modem. I think that is probably your problem. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh@jaxs mom@Lilysmom@kcladyz

Thanks everybody.

I guess we will start with placing a service call to our ISP next week and if the iPad idiosyncrasies don't resolve, take it to Apple. 

After all, Apple has internet service and we can try it out there.

Honored Contributor

Re: New iPad Pro Complaint

[ Edited ]

Have something for u 

wiil see if I can copy from here otherwise 

chwck later for link 

i had had an issue connecting to my network with my iPad 

http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/potential-quick-fixes-when-your-ipad-wont-connect-to-your-wi...

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

it won't connect to the internet 

it drops the internet connection

my old iPad Air was doing the same thing, so this is no better and enough $ that it SHOULD work smoothly

now we have a tv with rotten sound (upon occasion)]

a tv picture that is bad -- especially Q2 and Beauty IQ

an iPad which is non-responsive (upon occasion) on the Q

board... cannot place the cursor within a typed word to correct it

cannot change the font size and color without a "fight"

I don't know how to correct the inter workings of our tech stuff and does anyone know where I should start?

Dropping the internet connection.  Since it happned previously on your ipad Air i would say it is either the internet connection itself or it is whatever is shooting out your WIFI signal.  I dont think it is Apple.  

No guesses on your tv sound.  Not enough info.

Bad q2 and Beauty IQ picture.  Not your tv.  They are broadcast in old tv, not HD.  Nothing to do about that excelt watch less!

Manuvering around the ipad on the Q Board?  Use Safari browser.  Also enlarge the space it is easier to place the cursor when enlarged.