Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I was just wondering, If one were to purchase an iPad from Apple's website, if you don't have an Apple store near you, would you send the iPad to Apple by mail for repairs? I have a Best Buy near me, I'm thinking purchasing from them would be more convenient for me if it needs to be repaired.

@Jordan2 .  I can’t answer your question, but I have an IPad 3. It’s a regular IPad which I purchased in 2012. It has never needed a repair and still works great although can’t do updates anymore.

What good is a device that you can not update anymore? 

Works perfectly Matty.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I was just wondering, If one were to purchase an iPad from Apple's website, if you don't have an Apple store near you, would you send the iPad to Apple by mail for repairs? I have a Best Buy near me, I'm thinking purchasing from them would be more convenient for me if it needs to be repaired.

@Jordan2 .  I can’t answer your question, but I have an IPad 3. It’s a regular IPad which I purchased in 2012. It has never needed a repair and still works great although can’t do updates anymore.

What good is a device that you can not update anymore? 

Works perfectly Matty.

Yep, until you have to update something, who is Matty?

Valued Contributor

I have an Air2, and it wouldn't work for one of the main purposes I wanted it to work for. I am a musician and wanted to put music on it. So I ended up getting a Gen.2 brand new iPad Pro recently (after 2 years enjoy the Air2 for watching Netflix or whatever and traveling with). I got it at BH Photo on line for a really excellent price. I got the LTE version so I can take the cellular card out of my Air2 and put it in the Pro and go cellular with it -- or either by switching it back and forth. The Pro works much better for seeing music on with the bigger screen, and I am mostly using it for that. I still watch the Air2 using the house Wifi. I just LOVE the Pro 12.9 and also the Apple Pencil which I use to mark up my music when necessary. I also got a bluetooth pedal for turning pages with my foot. 

Super Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I have an Air2, and it wouldn't work for one of the main purposes I wanted it to work for. I am a musician and wanted to put music on it. So I ended up getting a Gen.2 brand new iPad Pro recently (after 2 years enjoy the Air2 for watching Netflix or whatever and traveling with). I got it at BH Photo on line for a really excellent price. I got the LTE version so I can take the cellular card out of my Air2 and put it in the Pro and go cellular with it -- or either by switching it back and forth. The Pro works much better for seeing music on with the bigger screen, and I am mostly using it for that. I still watch the Air2 using the house Wifi. I just LOVE the Pro 12.9 and also the Apple Pencil which I use to mark up my music when necessary. I also got a bluetooth pedal for turning pages with my foot. 

Completely agree with what you are conveying. Basically, comes down to what your needs are. I just "upgraded " from the Air 2 to the 6th gen. The Pro was too much for my needs...my iPad is kind of my lifeline for my busy life...my main reason for purchasing was hopefully increased speed. And am certainly not disappointed. But if my needs were  more specialized...like you...would have definitely been looking at a Pro!

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I had my eye on the iPad Pro 12.9" too, however I don't know if I want to spend that much money, also for my needs I think it may be too much for me. I am leaning towards an iPad Air 2019 (I have the original iPad Air from 2013, it still works). If money was no object I would get the Pro, but to save hundreds of dollars I think it's the Air for me.

Honored Contributor

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought the iPad Air 2019 and also bought the keyboard. The iPad wasn't available in the store so I ordered it online I should get it soon. I was able to pickup the keyboard in the store. I got Applecare and asked if the keyboard was covered by the plan, I was told no you have 15 days to return it. It makes me think that if after a couple of months I have a problem with it I'll be out of luck. I hope setting up the iPad is easy and I can figure out how to transfer everything on my old iPad to my new one (feel free to offer any advice it will be much appreciated).

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought the iPad Air 2019 and also bought the keyboard. The iPad wasn't available in the store so I ordered it online I should get it soon. I was able to pickup the keyboard in the store. I got Applecare and asked if the keyboard was covered by the plan, I was told no you have 15 days to return it. It makes me think that if after a couple of months I have a problem with it I'll be out of luck. I hope setting up the iPad is easy and I can figure out how to transfer everything on my old iPad to my new one (feel free to offer any advice it will be much appreciated).

When u set up the new iPad you will sign in with your apple  ID that you have on all yr devices and everything will carry over 

If you decide to give away the old one just be sure to remove from yr Apple ID 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Call Apple and get help moving data.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of questions,  Best Buy gives you Webroot Internet Security Software (for 6 months), it's good for 3 devices. I thought an iPad doesn't get viruses, why would I need this? Also they give you 3 months of Apple Music for free. From what I understand if you don't subscribe to the service after the 3 months, you won't have any access to anything you downloaded during the 3 months. I don't think I'll bother because I won't pay for it after the 3 months, also I'm afraid they'll charge me for another month after it expires.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have a couple of questions,  Best Buy gives you Webroot Internet Security Software (for 6 months), it's good for 3 devices. I thought an iPad doesn't get viruses, why would I need this? Also they give you 3 months of Apple Music for free. From what I understand if you don't subscribe to the service after the 3 months, you won't have any access to anything you downloaded during the 3 months. I don't think I'll bother because I won't pay for it after the 3 months, also I'm afraid they'll charge me for another month after it expires.

I am not good using  copy paste with a tablet. I found the answer to the webroot question. Use a Google search. Can I protect an iPad with webroot? 

If you don't use Apple Music you don't pay.

You can use some other music.service. There are apps for

everything.