Honored Contributor

I saw that HSN is having a TS an iPad Pro 10.5". If I'm correct this is an old model, the 2018 ones came in a 11" and 12.9" size. I don't want an iPad Pro that badly to buy an old one.

Esteemed Contributor

I would  advise you to not to order a device such as this from a shopping channel they have the tendency to sell older models with bloated software. BUYER BEWARE!

Honored Contributor

So I was just wondering, If one were to purchase an iPad from Apple's website, if you don't have an Apple store near you, would you send the iPad to Apple by mail for repairs? I have a Best Buy near me, I'm thinking purchasing from them would be more convenient for me if it needs to be repaired.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I was just wondering, If one were to purchase an iPad from Apple's website, if you don't have an Apple store near you, would you send the iPad to Apple by mail for repairs? I have a Best Buy near me, I'm thinking purchasing from them would be more convenient for me if it needs to be repaired.

@Jordan2 .  I can’t answer your question, but I have an IPad 3. It’s a regular IPad which I purchased in 2012. It has never needed a repair and still works great although can’t do updates anymore.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 .  I can’t answer your question, but I have an IPad 3. It’s a regular IPad which I purchased in 2012. It has never needed a repair and still works great although can’t do updates anymore.

@proudlyfromNJ I have an iPad Air (2013 first generation) and have never needed to have it repaired (I am super careful with it). Chances are I probably wouldn't have to have it repaired but just in case I want to know how I would go about repairing it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2"I want to know how I would go about repairing it."

Out of warranty repairs, there are thousands of DIY websites.  The 4 most popular ones are.....

iFixit

OXDaily

Macworld

Apple's YouTube tutorials as well as 3rd party tutorials

Apple's Forums

Last resort...

Apple Store - diagnostics are FREE

APSP - diagnostics are FREE

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I bought the first generation iPad Air back in 2013, so I have wanted to buy a new iPad for some time. I thought I wanted the iPad Pro, but with the expensive price tag and bendgate I wasn't sure. Now these new iPads are ready to purchase and I am thinking of buying this. I figured it would cost me $500+ less than the Pro. I probably would be happy with the Air, maybe the Pro is really more than I need, I will wait to read and watch reviews on the new iPad before I buy it.

Hello!

Depending on your needs, the basic Ipad (2018) is fantastic and very inexpensive.

Until now, I’ve used/collected nearly EVERY K/Fire that Amazon made and thought there couldn’t be better (for the price).

Until I decided to try an Ipad.

I got the  $249/Rose gold/32g model on Amazon. 

Brand new, in the box and gorgeous.

I stream video, shop, post in Forums, etc, and I have not touched

a Fire since I “bit the Apple”.

Just type “2018 Apple Ipad” in search bar. There’s a choice of

3-4 colors. The “gold” is ROSE GOLD.

Choose 32 or 128g.

Click “Add to Cart”.

I bought directly from Amazon Prime, not a 3rd party vendor.

Ive had it a few months and not ONCE have I rebooted, powered Off

or had a single glitch.

I also found a matching magnetic case for $10. 

Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

I buy Apple products direct from the company. I want to be sure I am getting a new item sold on their website.

You can buy Apple Care for support.

I usually buy Samsung S series tablets. The S4 tablet is not worth $650. When I need a large tablet, I will buy an iPad Air. The tech in the Air looks great. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New iPad Air

[ Edited ]

I just can not understand why people spend so much money on devices that will become outdated in a matter of weeks? 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

What good is a device that you can not update anymore?