Honored Contributor

I bought the first generation iPad Air back in 2013, so I have wanted to buy a new iPad for some time. I thought I wanted the iPad Pro, but with the expensive price tag and bendgate I wasn't sure. Now these new iPads are ready to purchase and I am thinking of buying this. I figured it would cost me $500+ less than the Pro. I probably would be happy with the Air, maybe the Pro is really more than I need, I will wait to read and watch reviews on the new iPad before I buy it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Go to your local Apple Store or a reseller & play around w/the iPad Pro & Ipad Air.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Apple has a lot of information about the new tablets on their site. Then I would consider going to a store.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , I have iPad Pro.  Save your money.  For me it is not worth the extra $.  I didn’t buy the pencil.  LM

Valued Contributor

ipad pro is recomended one.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Jordan2 , I have iPad Pro.  Save your money.  For me it is not worth the extra $.  I didn’t buy the pencil.  LM

@Lilysmom I don't think I would buy a pencil for any iPad. I'm not a student, so I wouldn't be taking notes, not an artist, I really don't know what I would use it for. Just curious, reading about "Bendgate" did your iPad Pro have a curve to it right out of the box? Part of the reason I would maybe go with the iPad Pro, I think I would use it in place of a computer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , my iPad Pro doesn’t have a ‘bend’.  It is the one before this feature was introduced.  LM

Honored Contributor

Just a question or two, does the Smart Keyboard from Apple ( the one for the iPad Air 2019 not cover the back of the iPad ( what do you then do to cover the iPad completely? Also does the keyboard work like the Smart Keyboard Folio for the iPad Pros ( is connecting them to the iPad the same)?

Honored Contributor

Re: New iPad Air

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just a question or two, does the Smart Keyboard from Apple ( the one for the iPad Air 2019 not cover the back of the iPad ( what do you then do to cover the iPad completely? Also does the keyboard work like the Smart Keyboard Folio for the iPad Pros ( is connecting them to the iPad the same)?

@Jordan2, The videos at these links might answer many of your questions, since they describe and also demonstrate the keyboards from different vantage points:

"These are the best features in the 2019 iPad Air"

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/04/02/hands-on-the-top-features-of-the-2019-ipad-air

"Review: Apple's Smart Keyboard Folio is the best option for the iPad Pro, but has too many compromises"

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/11/14/review-apples-smart-keyboard-folio-is-the-best-option-for...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo thank you for taking the time to respond to me and providing the links. I will definitely take a look at them. I am confused as to which iPad I should buy, I don't know if I should spend an extra $500 for the iPad Pro if I could be happy with the new iPad Air.