Respected Contributor

New Tracfone A21 won't connect to WIFI

Anyone else have this issue? I have my "old" J7 sitting right beside "new" A21 that I would like to transfer data to however, it will not connect to Wifi (yes, my Wifi is set up and show "connected") - My J7 is fine and connected, I just can't get the A21 to connect so I can transfer everything over to it.

I might have to return it if I can't get it to connect. I do live pretty far out however, I work from home and run off Wifi daily and my J7 has no issues.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Tracfone A21 won't connect to WIFI

[ Edited ]

There are 3 variables in your report. Two different phones and the network. Either could be having trouble with the other. So experiment with the variables.

First, I'd try to actually separate the two phones. You state you have one "sitting right next to" the other. That may interfere with the signal to or from the A21. Put the J7 some distance from the A21 and then try the A21 again.

Next:  Have you tried disconnecting your old J7 from the network and then trying to get the A21 to connect without the J7 being on the network at the same time (no matter where it is physically in proximity to the A21!)? If the network is confused,  it might not accept taking in the new A21 while the old J7 is connected. It isn't "logical" but if that's what's happening, it will be one way to test it.  It might work. And if it works (even if makes no sense), it proves the A21 can definitely connect as needed and it is not defective.

Then, if those experiments don't help the A21 phone to connect, see what happens when you try to reconnect the J7 back to the network. If it goes through and connects properly and quickly, the J7 and the network are both just fine. You will know the A21 is not working right, even with no possible conflict, and should be returned.

If the J7 also has a problem reconnecting, then you must troubleshoot why the network is not accepting  log-on protocols from either one.

Though I don't own a Tracfone or either model phone you identify, I've had these types of problems and troubleshooting has to be meticulous, with all variables tested to isolate defects or glitches. You have nothing to lose by following the test steps. 

I am certainly rootiing for complete success for you to get this resolved..

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

There are 3 variables in your report. Two different phones and the network. Either could be having trouble with the other. So experiment with the variables.

First, I'd try to actually separate the two phones. You state you have one "sitting right next to" the other. That may interfere with the signal to or from the A21. Put the J7 some distance from the A21 and then try the A21 again.

Next:  Have you tried disconnecting your old J7 from the network and then trying to get the A21 to connect without the J7 being on the network at the same time (no matter where it is physically in proximity to the A21!)? If the network is confused,  it might not accept taking in the new A21 while the old J7 is connected. It isn't "logical" but if that's what's happening, it will be one way to test it.  It might work. And if it works (even if makes no sense), it proves the A21 can definitely connect as needed and it is not defective.

Then, if those experiments don't help the A21 phone to connect, see what happens when you try to reconnect the J7 back to the network. If it goes through and connects properly and quickly, the J7 and the network are both just fine. You will know the A21 is not working right, even with no possible conflict, and should be returned.

If the J7 also has a problem reconnecting, then you must troubleshoot why the network is not accepting  log-on protocols from either one.

Though I don't own a Tracfone or either model phone you identify, I've had these types of problems and troubleshooting has to be meticulous, with all variables tested to isolate defects or glitches. You have nothing to lose by following the test steps. 

I am certainly rootiing for complete success for you to get this resolved..

Very helpful, I so very much apprecaite your help and time!!

I tried all the above, I also have my husbands phone and my work phone, I disconnected all off them from teh Wifi and tried the A21 (seperated from all other devices) and it would not connect, kept trying.... Did a few diff. things, even moved to diff. rooms in the house (normally I don't need to do this) then tried to connect the other devices, they all connected right away and they are all on the network at the same time with no issues.

Makes me think it's something with the A21 for sure, it's not sure my J7 that will connect, our other S20's connect just fine.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

Try this--

Reset Network Settings SAMSUNG Galaxy A21
  1. Firstly, select Settings.
  2. Now choose General management.
  3. After that tap Reset and Reset Network Settings.
  4. Then go to Reset Settings --> Reset.
  5. Register your Wi-Fi network again to connect
  6. Great!

How do I connect to wifi on my Samsung A21?
Swipe up
  1. Swipe up.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Connections.
  4. Select Wi-Fi.
  5. Turn on Wi-Fi.
  6. Select the wireless network you want to connect to.
  7. Enter the Wi-Fi password and select Connect. Wi-Fi password.
  8. You are now connected to the Wi-Fi network.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”