Trusted Contributor

I had the HTC M8 One and it finally just quit saving pictures,slowed up and kind did it's own things. I just got the Samsung 8 and I love it. No I Phone here ever. I love Androids...

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8

[ Edited ]

I bought the U2G Case suppose to be better than the Otter Box Case. I also got the Glass Screen protector that if my Screen breaks they pay 100.00's to repair my Phone. Love my Samsung 8....

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I finally made my decision based on the excellent feedback I received!  I decided on the Samsung S8+, the violet gray color.  I am currently shopping for a case & I am seeing some great choices.  Thanks to all who took the time to respond!

I just got this awesome case; I never knew a "smart" case for phones ever existed!  I highly recommend this cover for anyone contemplating getting the s8 or s8+!  It's called the Samsung S8+ LED View Wallet Case & it is the exact color as my new phone, Orchid Grey.  @Moonchilde, if you decide on switching, look into this cover!  

IMG_0030.JPG

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I finally made my decision based on the excellent feedback I received!  I decided on the Samsung S8+, the violet gray color.  I am currently shopping for a case & I am seeing some great choices.  Thanks to all who took the time to respond!

I just got this awesome case; I never knew a "smart" case for phones ever existed!  I highly recommend this cover for anyone contemplating getting the s8 or s8+!  It's called the Samsung S8+ LED View Wallet Case & it is the exact color as my new phone, Orchid Grey.  @Moonchilde, if you decide on switching, look into this cover!  

IMG_0030.JPG

@BornToShop I read several reviews of these cases on the Samsung website and people were complaining that everything was blurry under the case and that the reality experience is not like the photo. What's your opinion on that? For all that it offers, I don't think it's a bad price - but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't appear crisp, if not necessarily "perfect." I still haven't made up my mind, but am leaning towards this vs another iPhone at this point. Biggest stumbling block? The people I text to have iPhones and I'd lose iMessage.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

IMG_0030.JPG

This is the case I wanted but wasn't available at my carrier.  I wound up getting the other case that acts like a kickstand to be viewed hands free.  Below

Galaxy S8+ S-View Flip Cover, Black

This one has reviews on the Samsung website.  I found no views for the first one though.  It's a cover.  I have to open it to answer my calls.  So far so good.  These also come in other colors @BornToShop , FYI

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

IMG_0030.JPG

@BornToShop I read several reviews of these cases on the Samsung website and people were complaining that everything was blurry under the case and that the reality experience is not like the photo. What's your opinion on that? For all that it offers, I don't think it's a bad price - but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't appear crisp, if not necessarily "perfect." I still haven't made up my mind, but am leaning towards this vs another iPhone at this point. Biggest stumbling block? The people I text to have iPhones and I'd lose iMessage., 

@Moonchilde, There is nothing blurry at all; there is no cover over the screen to do any distorting.  I am in awe that the LED notifications are on the outside.  I assigned images to my contacts; DH is a heart, etc!  You also get notifications of incoming calls, alarms, messages & the current time.  It also does not require charging from the phone...yay!  The phone shuts off when you close the cover, another win for me.  I took the below pics ( not the best) of my phone. Using my zodiac as my theme. Good luck on what you decide!

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

@itiswhatitis, does your cover do all of the above I mentioned?  I truly love mine!

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

IMG_0030.JPG

@BornToShop I read several reviews of these cases on the Samsung website and people were complaining that everything was blurry under the case and that the reality experience is not like the photo. What's your opinion on that? For all that it offers, I don't think it's a bad price - but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't appear crisp, if not necessarily "perfect." I still haven't made up my mind, but am leaning towards this vs another iPhone at this point. Biggest stumbling block? The people I text to have iPhones and I'd lose iMessage., 

@Moonchilde, There is nothing blurry at all; there is no cover over the screen to do any distorting.  I am in awe that the LED notifications are on the outside.  I assigned images to my contacts; DH is a heart, etc!  You also get notifications of incoming calls, alarms, messages & the current time.  It also does not require charging from the phone...yay!  The phone shuts off when you close the cover, another win for me.  I took the below pics ( not the best) of my phone. Using my zodiac as my theme. Good luck on what you decide!

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

@itiswhatitis, does your cover do all of the above I mentioned?  I truly love mine!

yes, I get notifications, time and weather.  When I close the cover it blacks out the screen.  I wanted the one you have. Samsung finally has different colors.  Mine can also flip on its side and be used to watch a show.

@Moonchilde you won't lose text messages from Iphone to Samsung.  They all use the same technology for messaging.  My son has an Iphone and we text all the time.  SMS texting is all the same.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis, I know I'll still be able to text message, but that's not how i-message works. It was created to message between i-devices:

"Benefits Of Using iMessage. ... If you're connected to Wi-Fi, you can send iMessages without using your cellular data or text messaging plan. iMessage is faster than SMS or MMS: SMS and MMS messages are sent using different technology than your iPhone uses to connect to the internet."

So, for anyone used to ising an i-device, it's much faster, easier and simpler than SMS/text; I would miss it's simplicity and ease. I would adjust, but it would be something I'd miss a lot.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis, I know I'll still be able to text message, but that's not how i-message works. It was created to message between i-devices:

"Benefits Of Using iMessage. ... If you're connected to Wi-Fi, you can send iMessages without using your cellular data or text messaging plan. iMessage is faster than SMS or MMS: SMS and MMS messages are sent using different technology than your iPhone uses to connect to the internet."

So, for anyone used to ising an i-device, it's much faster, easier and simpler than SMS/text; I would miss it's simplicity and ease. I would adjust, but it would be something I'd miss a lot.

@Moonchilde, Oh I see.  Iphone users have the option of an iMessage or an SMS.  That's great!

*Call Tyrone*