Honored Contributor

New Problem Viewing Products on IPhone 4s

I have never had this problem before. When I go to an item to see it and I try to choose colors, my selection does not work. Same when I try to look at alternate product views under an items main picture. Anyone else seeing this? I have an IZphone 4S and I have kept IOS 6 due to some visual problems I have. Everything has been fine until tonight.

Frequent Contributor

Re: New Problem Viewing Products on IPhone 4s

Have you tried rebooting your phone? It could be a simple scripting error.
Regular Contributor

On 7/3/2014 gilmoregirl said: Have you tried rebooting your phone? It could be a simple scripting error.
You have no idea what you are talking about. QVC had backend issues for the IOS app. It's also becoming an issue for the OP because she is still on ios 6 and most everything is optomized for 7+.
Frequent Contributor

On 7/4/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 7/3/2014 gilmoregirl said: Have you tried rebooting your phone? It could be a simple scripting error.
You have no idea what you are talking about. QVC had backend issues for the IOS app. It's also becoming an issue for the OP because she is still on ios 6 and most everything is optomized for 7+.
I actually have every idea what I'm talking about. Its how I make my living. And it wasnt iOS specific. The script error was an issue on several browsers, so You can go on spraying your pee and vinegar somewhere else.
Honored Contributor

I didn't have to do anything, the next morning the web site was fixed and there are no more problems.

Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 gilmoregirl said:
On 7/4/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
I actually have every idea what I'm talking about. Its how I make my living. And it wasnt iOS specific. The script error was an issue on several browsers, so You can go on spraying your pee and vinegar somewhere else.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I tried all the suggestions for which I could find the selections some of you advised me to use and I tried the phone in both mobile view and in desktop view and there is no difference. This started the day QVC website added the mobile view. Could be because I have my phone set to view 96 items at a time. Maybe the new format will not work with 96 pictures, anymore. This is really a pain. I was looking for a fine, strong chain with a spring ring clasp for a tiny pendant and I had to select descriptions of each item, one, by one, in order to see them.

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Mindy D said:

I didn't have to do anything, the next morning the web site was fixed and there are no more problems.

It is not fixed. I don't remember why I thought that it was.
Honored Contributor

Mindy D, It's highly likely this problem and the one you reported on another thread (I think it was in the Beauty forum) are happening because you haven't updated your iOS to the current version.

Most websites are able to quickly accommodate older versions of software still running on various devices when updating their website. QVC is the exception. They're very slow to do this. I hope it works for you soon, or possibly you can find a way to view iOS 7.1.2 without problems.

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova