Honored Contributor

Re: New Macbook Air and Macbook Pro

@mdmc wrote:

Just a heads up......If yu buy a MacBook Air or Pro from Apple this weekend you wll get a $50 gift card. If you want to purchase Apple Care you have 2 months and can use the gift card to help pay for it

@mdmc I ended up buying a Macbook Air from Best Buy today. They were giving $50 off Apple Care+. I have a Best Buy near me, Apple store is far away. I thought getting it at Best Buy was a better option for me, in case I had to bring it in in the future.

Honored Contributor

I just saw a presentation for the MacBook Air, it is promoted as new. Now it may be new to QVC and from 2020, but it isn't the latest one. Some people may not care, when I buy electronics I want the newest. I feel some people don't know enough and are not getting what they want.

Esteemed Contributor

@Re: New Macbook Air and Macbook Pro

@Jordan2

This Macbook Air is called Early 2020 and the one you purchased is laie 2020.

Some customers may want the older product. I have seen it on sale for Black Friday. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the new MacBook Air and set it up. I have never owned a MacBook, I have a Chromebook. I wanted to ask, how do you know when your MacBook is fully charged my Chromebook has a light that goes from red to green when charged? Also I shutdown my Chromebook when I'm through using it and it comes on whe I lift the lid ( I guess it's in sleep mode) do I shut down the MacBook or just close the lid? They really don't explain using it for newbies. 

Frequent Contributor

If you look at the top of your screen you will see your menu bar. Your battery should also show there. Yes you need to shutdown your computer. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner. Click on shut down. Your computer will shut down . I also got an e mail I believe to set up a time to chat whith Apple about my new Mackbook Air.  They will help you with any questions you have 

Frequent Contributor

Also YOU TUBE has some great videos on your new Macbook. TYpe in Setting up my new macbook with Big Sur. Look to see that the video was made after November of this year