Honored Contributor

Re: New MacBook Air...question about yahoo mail

@Mom2Dogs

Sorry I can't be of much help as I am still using an ancient version of Yahoo Mail.  I haven't updated it in about 4 or 5 years.  That being said.....

CLICKY CLICK---->Pick Up Your Email

See if you can get into your Yahoo account that way.

Good Luck

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mom2Dogs

Sorry I can't be of much help as I am still using an ancient version of Yahoo Mail.  I haven't updated it in about 4 or 5 years.  That being said.....

CLICKY CLICK---->Pick Up Your Email

See if you can get into your Yahoo account that way.

Good Luck

@Mom2Dogs  @Mz iMac  I'm on an old version too and having no issues!  I am on my second MacBook Air and I think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread!  I moved to Mac about 10 years ago after using IBM pc's since 1983.  I have had no issues with it--and I am using Safari.  

I wish had some insight!  

Valued Contributor

Unless you have been trying this for several days it might be a temporary yahoo issue. You might try again tomorrow and I would contact yahoo support. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@stevieb...I did try to change passwords but the problem is my cell does not get texts...so I cannot get a security code to change the password, and it appears as if that is the only way to change the passoword...grrr

This is why you never have only 1 e-mail account.  Go to gmail and create a new account and use it to change your password.  You can also use it as a "junk" account when you have to include an e-mail account and you don't want anything coming to your main account. 

Respected Contributor

I have  problems even on a regular pc.  I am guessing they had another hack and is forcing people to reset their passwords  recientluy I could not get in and all my passwords are auto saved

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz

No hacking....

Yahoo Mail is now owned/taken over by Verizon.  I believe the "Yahoo" name will stay for now.  Glitches are still going on in the background. 

I never upgraded my Yahoo Mail because I've never had any issues w/the ancient version(s) I am still using.  I don't fix what ain't broken.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@stevieb...I did try to change passwords but the problem is my cell does not get texts...so I cannot get a security code to change the password, and it appears as if that is the only way to change the passoword...grrr

This is why you never have only 1 e-mail account.  Go to gmail and create a new account and use it to change your password.  You can also use it as a "junk" account when you have to include an e-mail account and you don't want anything coming to your main account. 

@glb613...the only way Yahoo will let me reset my passwor is via a code that is texted to me....text only, there is no option for getting the code via email....trust me I tried.  I am tracking all mail that comes into the yahoo account and unsubscribing what I no longer want and also the chaninging email address on the sites I am interested in.  I did email yahoo and also found a phone number...both a bust.  Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs- just reading your thread. I had problems with my email several days ago also.  My email address is a bellsouth.net address, but it’s powered by yahoo so it’s really yahoo email. 

Several days ago, I couldn’t load my email on my Mac, iPhone or iPad. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with my ISP. They had my input my email password (like you, I was very sure of my password) and it wouldn’t take it. So, they had me go to Yahoo.com and got me in there somehow and had me change my password. So...the new password I put in was the same one I’d been using and it took it!  Once I did that, my emails started loading on my phone, iPad and Mac again. Bizarre stuff. 

They said there was no yahoo problem, but I’m convinced there was. 

I went to bed the night before with no email issues and the next morning, I couldn’t get them to load. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, you are lucky...I have worked on the issue for several days.  The phone number for customer service is awful, they repeat, repeat, repeat a message to hold on, they cut you off.  I tried again today to get into that account and still can not.  I don't know why they don't let you use a 2nd email address for password/security code info...I don't have texting on my phone.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@glb613...the only way Yahoo will let me reset my passwor is via a code that is texted to me....text only, there is no option for getting the code via email....trust me I tried.  I am tracking all mail that comes into the yahoo account and unsubscribing what I no longer want and also the chaninging email address on the sites I am interested in.  I did email yahoo and also found a phone number...both a bust.  Lesson learned.

I've never heard of text only notification.  Something doesn't sound right.  Do you have a friend or relative with a smart phone?  If so, ask if you can use their phone number to receive the text to change your password.