Esteemed Contributor

New Fire 10 Tablet ships 30 Oct.

Finallt!  Amazon is releasing new,10" tablet on 30 Oct.  It's a pretty good deal if you trade in an old tablet (I'll get $30 for old 10" plus 2 5% off new tablet).  My only question is can I charge it with a wireless charger?  I guess I'll call and ask.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Fire 10 Tablet ships 30 Oct.

I wonder if it's full of ads like the Amazon Fire Tabs?  Also, will it use the "real" Android OS or the Amazon version which I dislike?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@patbz   Thank you for posting this.  I recently dropped my 10" Fire and cracked the screen.  It's still usuable , but I'm not sure for how long.  I'll check out the new one.  I wonder if Amazon will have any Black Friday specials on the new tablet?  I love this tablet!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC :  Check with Amazon before you order; they are currently buying back old tablets, giving you something for them (up to $30 for a Fire 10) plus 20% off the cost of new one.  This offer is ending soon and there are other advantages to ordering for delivery in 30 Oct.  Btw they are currently selling the microdisk SanDisk for a great price and they haven't change the case (so your old one will work).

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if it's full of ads like the Amazon Fire Tabs?  Also, will it use the "real" Android OS or the Amazon version which I dislike?

This tablet has ads, but you can buy it without special offers. 

The Fire tablets use the Amazon OS. You may want to do a search about side loading the Google Play app on a new Fire 10.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg What does that mean? Adding the Google Play app? I know what adding an app means, but what is the advantage? 

I don't know much about tablets & such. :{

Honored Contributor

Okay, so I have a Fire 10" tablet with Alexa built in, how is this one different, what is new in it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Nuttmeg What does that mean? Adding the Google Play app? I know what adding an app means, but what is the advantage? 

Please do a Google search, adding the Google Play store app to a Kindle Fire tablet. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 :To to Amazon and read new specs; the tablet is significantly faster, battery lasts longer and new OS (which sounds as if it's overdue.  If you trade in your old 10 and with that and the 20% off you would pay $60 less and if you add new huge micro SD card (also currently on special) you have a smoking new tablet at a very low fee.  You can reuse the case from your generation 7 for this generation 9.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

It means that now amazon added the application which they did not have before because it works on a slightly different operationg system.