Respected Contributor
Purchased new Netgear router but had a few issues needing assistance so called Technical Assistance- which is free for 90 days. First experience just fine but today’s call disappointing since had trouble understanding. I had a few questions. I asked if there was an instruction manual on line . Was told no. So I guess they make money on me in the future! Sad.
Valued Contributor

We purchased two different ones from Costco a few years ago and neither of them worked. Fortunately, they were returnable. I think we ended up w/a less elaborate model from a different store. 

Honored Contributor

you tube or google can help

Contributor

Netgear.com can help you find correct manual (probably in pdf format). I always download all my manuals because you never know when you might need one!

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
Purchased new Netgear router but had a few issues needing assistance so called Technical Assistance- which is free for 90 days. First experience just fine but today’s call disappointing since had trouble understanding. I had a few questions. I asked if there was an instruction manual on line . Was told no. So I guess they make money on me in the future! Sad.

I went to Google and typed in Netgear manual and several pages showed.  Add the model number to your search and I'm sure you'll find what you need. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Netgear Router

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom 

Netgear has manuals for their routers in their website. Just look up your model, click the Get Support link, then User Guides and Documentation.

You can try asking your questions here too. I use Netgear, I'm sure others do also.

Respected Contributor

i just bought a netgear router as well. 

we have been in this house for about 1 year.  use hulu and netflix pretty exclusively.  all of a sudden, started getting poor/weak signal.  figured that charter had given me the  cheapest router available. 

brought home the new one, and i think it's worse. keeps saying not connected ect.  big pain in the rump-a-roo. 

dh thinks it's because our house it "too solid" (i know, don't laugh and the router is too far away. 

the tv upstairs does work better. 

grrrr. ok, i'm gonna download the manual. thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Netgear Router

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

we have been in this house for about 1 year.  use hulu and netflix pretty exclusively.  all of a sudden, started getting poor/weak signal.  figured that charter had given me the  cheapest router available. 

brought home the new one, and i think it's worse. keeps saying not connected ect.  big pain in the rump-a-roo. 

dh thinks it's because our house it "too solid" (i know, don't laugh and the router is too far away. 

I have this problem and with my netgear router I got myself an extender which worked really well,  with fios I got one of their extenders.

Ideally the router should be in the middle of the house but it never is .

if your house has plaster walls or you want to get the signal far way for it's gonna be difficult.  do some googling/research on how a router works and it will make sense,  HTH

Esteemed Contributor

Did you check the cable modem or Voip box. How long have you had this unit? If you have used it for a few years, it could be a problem. You should ask your cable provider for a replacement.

You may want to rent hardware from your cable company. You can make a call when there is a problem. 

When I buy a new wireless router, I use Smartnet builder. Com. The site ranks products by how fast they run. I have had two Netgear routers. The R7000 and now R7800. They did not give me any trouble .

Please talk to your ISP then check your router. Companies do not change equipment unless you ask. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

You may want to take this problem to. DSL Reports.com Charter cable forum. Folks should give you suggestions.