Honored Contributor

Need to print fight boarding pass..cannot print

grrr...the printer will not connect to my MacBook OS 10.14.5 so I cannot print the boarding passes.  The printer is relatively new (just a few weeks) but I have been able to print before, just after I set it up.  I did notice that the 'location' is not filled in when I look at network settings.  Could that be the issue.

I have looked over all the notes I made and anything else I can think of but 'location' is not mentioned that I can see.

Can someone help me out?

Honored Contributor

Re: Need to print fight boarding pass..cannot print

Have you tried to uninstall.....then reinstall?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

If your printer is "new," go to the printer's website and/or Apple's site & download your printers latest drivers.

Better yet, CALL the printer's tech support as you are still under warranty.

OR

Run Disk First Aid & restart your computer afterwards.

OR

Reset your printer settings.

This removes all printers and scanners—including their print jobs and settings—from Printers & Scanners preferences.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
  2. While holding down the Control key on your keyboard, click anywhere in the list of devices.
  3. Choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears:

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I had a similar problem years ago. Went to my local AAA office, I am a member, and they printed it out for me.

Something to consider if all else fails. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Desertdi 

If your printer is "new," go to the printer's website and/or Apple's site & download your printers latest drivers.

Better yet, CALL the printer's tech support as you are still under warranty.

OR

Run Disk First Aid & restart your computer afterwards.

OR

Reset your printer settings.

This removes all printers and scanners—including their print jobs and settings—from Printers & Scanners preferences.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
  2. While holding down the Control key on your keyboard, click anywhere in the list of devices.
  3. Choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears:

Thank you for the replies....if I could not get the file printed I could go into my office and print but it's about 20 minutes away...(I would turn the boarding pass in to a PDF) BUT the illustration shown worked...I had tried that before I asked the question (I did a lot of googling first) but it still did not connect.  So before I tried it again I shut down and restarted both the laptop an printer....got the job done, thank you all!

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi ...I did not but I wonder when/if you reinstall does the NEW installation go over the original installation, or do you have to manually remove the original installation?  I got it to work, so I don't have to worry about it by am curious..thanks!

Trusted Contributor

You might already know this, but you can print from the kiosk at the airport. Or, if you have a smartphone, download the airline's app. You can bring up the pass on the screen, and they can read it from there.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina I do not have a smart phone but I see that i really need one!  I printed the flight 'out' boarding passes but I guess I  will have to have the airport print the return passes.  I will not have access to a printer once we arrive at our destination.

Now I know why I rarely travel, this has been a PIA.

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

grrr...the printer will not connect to my MacBook OS 10.14.5 so I cannot print the boarding passes.  The printer is relatively new (just a few weeks) but I have been able to print before, just after I set it up.  I did notice that the 'location' is not filled in when I look at network settings.  Could that be the issue.

I have looked over all the notes I made and anything else I can think of but 'location' is not mentioned that I can see.

Can someone help me out?

if it’s for Americans  Airlines, they won’t take your printed boarding passes anyway and will make you print them again on their kiosk at the airport.