Respected Contributor

Re: Need tablet advice please

@Kachina624 @Pecky , thanks very much.  I will pass your comments along.  S

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lilysmom1.  By using the SD card, the Amazon Fire has the capacity of storing more movies than your brother could probably ever download.  The memory on iPad is not expandable.  Once its full, one must start deleting stuff in order to download new material.  I'm sure the quality of the display is much sharper in the pricey iPad but it's quite adequate in the Amazon Fire.  

By the way, I had an iPad2 years ago and a small Amazon Fire but currently use a Samsung tablet, which is somewhere between the two cost-wise.  It has a great display and an expandable memory.  It's my tablet of choice, and I'm on my second one.

@Kachina624 Which Samsung tablet do you have?  I was thinking of getting one.  I really like the google play store apps that you don't get with the Amazon Fire.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky.  I've  got the Samsung A6 lite.  @Nuttmeg  is very knowledgeable about Samsung tablets and could probably tell you which is best for your needs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg , now that you see how my brother will use the device, do you think what @Kachina624  recommends will do the job?  If not, I will tell him to get iPad I guess.  Your advice is appreciated.  TIA.  S

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Nuttmeg , now that you see how my brother will use the device, do you think what @Kachina624  recommends will do the job?  If not, I will tell him to get iPad I guess.  Your advice is appreciated.  TIA.  S

@Lilysmom1

You brother will like his Fire tablet.

I do not use SD cards. I buy the device with more storage. A 64GB tablet will give him 50.GB.of space. 

I alway try to have an extra power plug and a charging cable. 

The Fire tablet use USB-C connector. I purchased a. Samsung OEM 15W plug and a separate JSAUX USB-C to Usb-A cable. . 

He may want to buy a table top stand for his Fire tablet. 

I found these items at Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pecky.  I've  got the Samsung A6 lite.  @Nuttmeg  is very knowledgeable about Samsung tablets and could probably tell you which is best for your needs.

@Pecky

Samsung makes three groups of tablets.

A series - A budget series similar quality to the Fire tablets, but run Android out of the box.

JMH0, a 10 " tablet at $279 is expensive.

S - 6 Lite  this is Samsung mid-range priced and specs device. It has good technology and a fair price. Samsung Introduced this tablet in 2020 with an S-pen. It maybe hard to find this on sale, because it is popular with students. You can look for a 64GB tablet less than $349.

S7 thts is a the best Android tablet on the market, and the most expensive. You can find this device on sale sometimes at a deep discount.

This tablet competitor is the iPad Pro,and  

It is difficult to find an Apple tablet anywhere.

The company wants to move inventory so a sale. 

Best Buy and Amazon sometimes have sales on the S7. Best Buy does offer open box products for sale. I brought an open box excellent condition chromebook. It came in great shape and I saved $50.

Please avoid the S5e tablet from 2019. It is a poor product. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg @Kachina624 @Pecky @patbz , thank you so much.  My brother ordered Kachina's recommendation today, the version with 64 gb storage.  Your advice, as always, is greatly appreciated!  🙏 Thank you!  S