Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for cell phone since LG out of cell phone business

@gardenman : This is a great phone. It's bigger and more than probably what I need. Will be searching for a better price. My LG phone the battery power just dropped real low like 29 % and taking longer to charge and this has never happened before. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady : Thanks for sharing and will do the research.

@BirkiLady wrote:

I've had the Samsung A32 5G for about two months and love it! Much better than the LG phones. Suggest you check into this model. It's reasonable, too. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee

@Dreeva wrote about buying an unlocked

A-52 5G phone from Best Buy with a Tracfone sim card. This phone is new for 2021. It has 

a 6.5", and will get a updates for 3-4 years. You can find update information online with a Search.

This phone came to market in April or May. There should be unboxing videos and reviews on YouTube. 

Dr. Tech compares phone specs in short video. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for cell phone since LG out of cell phone business. Prefer prepaid.

[ Edited ]

@geezerette @10sluvr @gardenman @BirkiLady @chickenbutt @Nuttmeg : Hope that I included everyone that took the time to respond. I reviewed and researched every suggestion provided. What I really wanted and what the budget required was the deciding factor. At this time HSN had the best selection with the ez pays and free shipping. I decided on the Samsung Galaxy  A10 e - 5.83 inch with 32 GB, with one year of talk, text- data for $89.99 with 4 ez pay of $22.50. My current phone has 16 GB. This will be my first Samsung Galaxy. I hope this will be easy for me use. Thank you for your help.❤️

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for cell phone since LG out of cell phone business. Prefer prepaid.

Hope you love your new phone!  Smiley Happy

I'm on my second Samsung Galaxy and I have no complaints.  I've had cell phones since 1994 (still have the same #) and this is only my second smart phone.  Actually, I would still have my first one (Galaxy S7) if tmobile weren't going to kill it and/or if I could have taken it to another carrier.

I will stick with the brand in the foreseeable future.     There are just some things about the Apple brand products that I don't like.  I do have some iPods and that's enough for me.  Smiley Happy

I don't know if it applies to all models, but one thing the guy at Spectrum told me was that the battery in the new one lasts way longer.  It sure does!  I used to have to charge my other one every third day.  This one lasts over a week for me.   

Also, the internal storage is 128GB, which is way more than my last one.   Amazing how it can be and do so much more, yet I paid like a third of what my last one cost!  Smiley Surprised   I don't really use that much storage as, as I mentioned, I keep an SD card in the phone and put pics and stuff there.  You might want to get an SD card (mine uses the mini one) and put that in there, since there isn't a lot of storage.   Also, you'll have your stuff if something happens with the phone, or if you change phones again.   I really like that option.   The guy put it in the phone for me, from my old phone, so that was nice.   I'm a klutz!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt : Thank you for sharing and giving some great suggestions. I am a klutz. My hands are small and not coordinated. When I go out with my friends, I use my stand up walker. The walker has a storage bag but I try not to carry to much stuff. I am so glad that you like your phone and found better customer support. I always enjoy reading your post. 🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

I can relate!  I fumble so much stuff.   The weird thing is that I'm a really, REALLY careful person and I seldom break anything but I am always fumbling.    I can drop something, then I bend over to pick it up and hit my head and make something else fall - it goes on and on.   I usually end the day with a few minor injuries, cuts, bruises, just from being a dundering klutz.   I'm almost like a Steve Urkel except that I don't take down a whole room.   Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt : Laughing with ::you we must be twins. You know the long handle grabber - pick up thing or whatever you call them.... I need one for every room and already have two. My legs and arms are covered with scratches and bruises.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

I have one grabber thing. I keep forgetting where I put it.  Maybe I need to get some more of them.  Smiley Very Happy

I often find a cut or bruise in some bizarre place and can't even remember how I managed to get that.   Yesterday was another finger cut.  I get these little cuts I cannot figure out how I do it. It's on the top of my right hand index finger this time.   I'm left-handed but if I cut myself with a knife I usually know because I have to clean it, bandage it, and go back to what I'm doing.  But these weird finger cuts lately are a mystery.

Hate to see somebody else have to go through this silly stuff, but at least neither of us are alone.  Smiley Happy

Hope you're having a lovely day.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. @SouthernBee

You are looking for a budget phone. Motorola rules this space today. 

Samsung sells in the mid-priced $300-600 market. This space comprises 5G phones. 

The last group of phones are the flagships priced from $700-and up. All the phones in this segment have the best Processor. The other items may vary by the price of the phone. 

QVC has Tracfone Moto e phone for $59.99 plus a $5.50 shipping fee. This phone has a very good camera, processor, and ac wireless card. 

You may want to do some research and buy the QVC phone and return the other one to HSN.

Price does not always say quality.