Honored Contributor

Need suggestions for cell phone since LG out of cell phone business. Prefer prepaid.

[ Edited ]

I have the LG 5.3 Priemer Pro. I love the size and this was easy for me to use. I always use Tracfone as my service provider. Prefer a mid range price. I have read the reviews for the Motorola phones but reviews are very mixed and I am very frustrated and confused.I appreciate any information or suggestions from your personal experience. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for cell phone since LG out of cell phone business

we have been a tracfone family, for about 5yrs. Hubs got the tracforn samsung A21 and i have the samsung A11. we got ours from hsn, when they had special deals. We have had good luck transfering from onl phone to new. Our last ones were Moto and they were ok but we like the samsung better. we upgraded to get bigger screens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's page @gardenman .  He knows all about the various TracFone options.  And he's great at explaining things in "understandable" language!😉😆

@gardenman , could you please help @SouthernBee with your insight and knowledge?  Thank you!❤️

Honored Contributor

After tmobile took over Sprint, and the service went quickly downhill, then I got a letter that my phone would die at the end of the year and have to be replaced (perfectly good phone, only a few years old), I took the opportunity to get the heck out of dodge with tmobile.  That was actually the last straw.

I went to Spectrum (where I have my cable, internet, and landline) and got a new phone for wayyyy less and service for also way less.  My monthly service is $12 something and the phone cost me about a third of what my last phone at Sprint cost.

Also, while I was at the Spectrum store, they transferred every single thing from my old phone to the new one, even my calendar stuff, any files, and most settings.   I didn't know they could do that but was glad because I forgot to write down my contacts, calendar, etc, to put into the new one.  I didn't have to do a thing.

The prices were not contingent on me having my other services with them.  Just straight-forward prices.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Thank you. Because of gardenman review of the LG phone and answering all of my questions that I made the purchase.❤️

@geezerette wrote:

Let's page @gardenman .  He knows all about the various TracFone options.  And he's great at explaining things in "understandable" language!😉😆

@gardenman , could you please help @SouthernBee with your insight and knowledge?  Thank you!❤️

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr : Thank you for taking the time to share. Will take notes and research your phones.

@10sluvr wrote:

we have been a tracfone family, for about 5yrs. Hubs got the tracforn samsung A21 and i have the samsung A11. we got ours from hsn, when they had special deals. We have had good luck transfering from onl phone to new. Our last ones were Moto and they were ok but we like the samsung better. we upgraded to get bigger screens.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt : Thank you. Great to know that your problem was solved with a better price and very helpful customer service.❤️

Honored Contributor

I just got the Motorola G Stylus. I wanted a phone with 128 GB of memory so that left me with the Samsung A51 or Moto Stylus as my options. Amazon had the unlocked Samsung A51 for $179.99 on Prime Day with no service and I almost got that, but I knew I could get the Stylus for $199.99 at HSN with a year's service, so I waited. QVC had the Moto Stylus down to $179.99 about two weeks ago and Honey found a $5 off coupon also, so I got it then. For $175 I got a 6.8" phone with 128 GB of storage and a year's service. If you want a phone with a smaller screen or less storage there are lots of good options out there. I've never had a Samsung phone, but they're reportedly good phones, but they include more bloatware. Motorola pretty much gives you the pure Android interface.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I've had the Samsung A32 5G for about two months and love it! Much better than the LG phones. Suggest you check into this model. It's reasonable, too. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I've had the Samsung A32 5G for about two months and love it! Much better than the LG phones. Suggest you check into this model. It's reasonable, too. 

I bet that is very similar to mine.  I have the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G and I'm liking it.   I have a couple of things I am still trying to figure out, unfortunately, but I loaded the PDF manual on this laptop and go through it from time to time to try and figure out detail stuff.

One thing that bothers me (I know - it's trivial) is that when I text it goes on a green blurb.  I don't like green but cannot find a way to change that.

Another thing is when I take photos I have checked twice and it's set that photos go onto the SD card I have in the camera.  Yet, when ever I shoot a photo it goes into the phone storage.    I can't figure out why that is.   I mostly do that so that, in case something goes wrong with the phone, I don't lose anything stored because it will all be on the SD card.

I still am liking it and will figure out what I can and what I finally cannot figure out I'll go back to the Spectrum store and ask for help.  They were great when I got my new phone last month.