Esteemed Contributor

Need help with buying mins and text on tracefone A10e

I went to tracfone.com wanted add on for min and text.  Got all the way pass putting in credit card after i got total and it said server down.  I took out the information.

Tried again now and it would not let me add on.  i brought the phone from HSN when it was a TSV.  I have min and text left, but what to add on.  I chatted with someone at tracfone online, but didn't feel comfortable giving my cc number.

Am i suppose to buy a plan and can't add on.  The plans are only good for 30 days, I just want more min and text.  Don't need Data.  

The agent I spoke to today, said don't give me your cc number because we are working from home and its not secure. How do i add on what i need?

Years ago, when it wasn't a smartphone, i could call and add on minutes.

Thanks in advance for all your help.  You all on here helped me when i bought the phone months.  i never had a smart phone and at 84 figured out how to use it, now for the add on min.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with buying mins and text on tracefone A10e

@qvcaddition   Well, pick up the phone and call TracFone!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Text HELP to 611611. That works pretty well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qvcaddition   Well, pick up the phone and call TracFone!

Sorry, but I did that and did what the guy said to do, to on trackfone.com.  Maybe I didn,t make myself clear.

Regular Contributor

One way to add minutes is buy a Tracfone card from Walgreens, CVS, Walmart , etc. Then there is an " My Account " app on your Tracfone go to "refill now" open it and follow the prompts, there is a pin # on the card you purchased scratch it off and that will be the pin # when you  use the refill now section'

Or what I did was I called Tracfone and got an account # and a personal  pin and then you can use your credit card from your phone by yourself. Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

@Nitefall 

@Nitefall wrote:

One way to add minutes is buy a Tracfone card from Walgreens, CVS, Walmart , etc. Then there is an " My Account " app on your Tracfone go to "refill now" open it and follow the prompts, there is a pin # on the card you purchased scratch it off and that will be the pin # when you  use the refill now section'

Or what I did was I called Tracfone and got an account # and a personal  pin and then you can use your credit card from your phone by yourself. Good luck

Thank you. Your answer helped me, because I did what one of the replies said, who by the way had trouble in the past getting minutes and it didn't help, but I will try your reply.  I noticed that you cannot just add on, they want you to buy a plan, then you can add on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition

The Tracfone Reviewer's Blog has information about buying minutes, data, and service. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition   Are you implying that you tried texting 611611 and you couldn't add on through that system? If so, just say that and let us all learn from your experience. I have never added minutes or texts but do add data on occasion. I do that through the Tracfone website which I can access on my phone or computer. Simple to use except for recent difficulties while the website was being updated.

Respected Contributor

I just tried the 611 system to see if anything had changed. Nope! Works like a charm. 

1. Text HELP to 611611.

2. Select Buy a Plan.

3. Do what it tells you to do.

4. When you get to the plan options screen, scroll down and eventually you will

find options for purchasing just minutes and texts.

5. Buy them.

Don't be confused by having to click on Buy a Plan. You don't have to buy a plan. Just keep scrolling down through lots of plan options and you will find what you need.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition , you don't have to buy a plan, but they sure do steer customers to those plans!  Lol

You can just buy the texts or talk minutes you want as add on's. That what I do. I've never bought a monthly plan.