Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help with Upgrading My Phone - Not Sure What to Buy

@Ladygray - We haven't had any issues at all with the LG Premier Pro Plus.  We had the LG Premier Pro before this and no issues with that either.

Sometimes I think people don't take the time to familiarize themselves with a new phone.  I know that it took me a while to figure out all the new features on this one and set it up the way I wanted.

I did read through some of the reviews on HSN (where I purchased ours) and again, we haven't experienced any of the problems some have reported.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase and remember - Tracfone has a website with tutorials for each of their phones.  That might be a help to you.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Ladygray - We haven't had any issues at all with the LG Premier Pro Plus.  We had the LG Premier Pro before this and no issues with that either.

Sometimes I think people don't take the time to familiarize themselves with a new phone.  I know that it took me a while to figure out all the new features on this one and set it up the way I wanted.

I did read through some of the reviews on HSN (where I purchased ours) and again, we haven't experienced any of the problems some have reported.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase and remember - Tracfone has a website with tutorials for each of their phones.  That might be a help to you.

So good to know about the tutorials.   I wasn't aware of that feature.

I just hope if I order one that people returned if I'll get their returned one?   You never know.  I do appreciate you getting back to me and reassuring about the LG should I go that route.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

My Moto g7 Optimo Maxx  did another upgrade yesterday plus  with a security update patch!

Love mine  and this has been the only Tracfone that  has ever had updates to download !

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@gardenman 

My Moto g7 Optimo Maxx  did another upgrade yesterday plus  with a security update patch!

Love mine  and this has been the only Tracfone that  has ever had updates to download !

Mine did the same thing. It's a pretty neat little phone. Good photos, good videos, does everything quickly and well, and is very affordable. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I recently bought an unlocked Samsung A20 ( I use Verizon ) and it has surpassed my expectations.  I did add a 400 GB chip so no worries about running out of memory.

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

I have the Samsung A10e and I DO NOT like it. It is not 

user friendly!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

My old LG 3G phone's service ends on Jan. 1.    I have had that phone for 4 years.  I wish this wasn't happening right now.

I have been studying up on phones and am not sure which to buy.

I need a Tracfone and I want one that I can keep for awhile, but one that is not overly complicated.   I want one that has good battery life and is a 32GB, since my old one was only 8GB and I kept running out of space.

The phones I've been looking at all have mostly good reviews, but I am not a tech person and not sure what is the best one.   If anyone can provide me with expertise on which one of these is a good one, I'd appreciate it.  I read a good review and then a bad one.  So, it's so confusing to me.

The ones I'm deciding about:

Samsung Galaxy A10e

Samsung Galaxy A20 6.4

LG Premier Pro Plus 6.2  (lowest rating)

Moto G7 Optimo Maxx

Moto G 6.4

I would get it on QVC or HSN, whichever has the lower price, so I can get the package of minutes.

I appreciate any guidance.   I don't want to make the wrong choice and then regret it.

Thank you!!

@Ladygray 

My pick would be the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx (I highlighted it in red). If you choose to purchase it go to HSN as they have the better deal--$99 with included wireless earbuds compared to $115.59 with no earbuds on QVC. (Sorry QVC!)

This phone is easy to use and my favorite part is the long lasting battery life. I think quite a few people that post here have purchased it in case you have questions.

Just looked at your list again and I want to warn you about the Samsung A10e's battery life. It's a beautiful little phone (smaller than the Moto) but the battery is terrible. I have both and the Moto's battery lasts at least 3 times that of the Samsung. That's my only complaint about the Samsung, but since I use my phone a lot, it's a big one. 

Good luck finding your new phone! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When I started researching phones in July/August I'd narrowed my field to the Samsung Galaxy A20, Premier Pro Plus, and the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx. I just watched the various sites to see which would go on sale at the best price and the Optimo went down to $89, so I grabbed it. I don't think you can go too far wrong with any of the three. The LG and Samsung have dual camera lenses which give you some nice options, but the camera on the Moto is very good also. I've been perfectly happy with the Moto. The earbuds are surprisingly good also. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@Ladygray I have the A10e  and I am very satisfied with it. I have been a Samsung user for quite a while, so there was no real learning curve. The battery life is longer and I love the 32g. No messages of not being able to do something because I'm short of storage. It's a good phone.