Respected Contributor

Re: Need Help with Upgrading My Phone - Not Sure What to Buy

@Ladygray  Hi, most wireless companies have deep-discounted plans for seniors. (I'm not sure if it's age 55+ or 65+) It might be worth checking out the major companies before deciding. IMO, 5g is either on the way or already in place in many locations, and formats lower than 4g will likely lose tech support sooner rather than later.

Super Contributor

I am looking just for Tracfone.  I cannot afford a monthly contract.  I want to control the amount of money I spend on data, etc. 

Super Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Ladygray  Hi, most wireless companies have deep-discounted plans for seniors. (I'm not sure if it's age 55+ or 65+) It might be worth checking out the major companies before deciding. IMO, 5g is either on the way or already in place in many locations, and formats lower than 4g will likely lose tech support sooner rather than later.

I have to upgrade because my 3G phone will stop working on Jan. 1.

Respected Contributor

Several of us on here have the Motorola Optimo G7 Maxx and really like it.  I love mine.  This is my third Motorola phone, and I plan to stick with the brand.  The charge lasts for days and days as the battery is huge.  The phone has the storage you require, and it has many fun features.  A plus is that once you have it set up, you will have the option to  upgrade the operating system to Android 10.  Not all Tracfones will do that.  This package also offers earbuds, which are pretty darn decent.  I used them last night with my iPad while my husband was watching a football game.  lol

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorola-moto-g7-optima-maxx-62-hd-tracfone-with-1500-m/9698502 

Frequent Contributor

I can recommend the Samsung Galaxy A10e.   I purchased one from QVC a couple of months ago.   They had it as a TSV.  I paid $90, this included 1 year of service plus data and minutes.   I had no trouble setting it up.   I went online and did a chat with tracfone and they activated and ported everything over to my new phone.   It is 32gb and the battery life is very good.   My previous phone did not have a lot of storage and was not staying charged for long.   I have found that is usually cheaper to purchase a new phone than buying a years service.

Super Contributor

@quilter61 wrote:

I can recommend the Samsung Galaxy A10e.   I purchased one from QVC a couple of months ago.   They had it as a TSV.  I paid $90, this included 1 year of service plus data and minutes.   I had no trouble setting it up.   I went online and did a chat with tracfone and they activated and ported everything over to my new phone.   It is 32gb and the battery life is very good.   My previous phone did not have a lot of storage and was not staying charged for long.   I have found that is usually cheaper to purchase a new phone than buying a years service.

Thank you for this review.   I am glad you like the phone and recommend it.  So glad the transfer is easy and helpful. 

I appreciate you letting me know!

Super Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Several of us on here have the Motorola Optimo G7 Maxx and really like it.  I love mine.  This is my third Motorola phone, and I plan to stick with the brand.  The charge lasts for days and days as the battery is huge.  The phone has the storage you require, and it has many fun features.  A plus is that once you have it set up, you will have the option to  upgrade the operating system to Android 10.  Not all Tracfones will do that.  This package also offers earbuds, which are pretty darn decent.  I used them last night with my iPad while my husband was watching a football game.  lol

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorola-moto-g7-optima-maxx-62-hd-tracfone-with-1500-m/9698502 

I appreciate the review of your Motorola phone.   I didn't even know Motorola did smartphones until I researched.   Sounds like you trust in the brand and have had good results.

Thank you for your review and the link!! 

Respected Contributor

@Ladygray , here is a thread that @gardenman started when he bought the G7 Maxx at a great price.  Several of us jumped on it once he alerted us to it.  You might read it to get a general idea of what the phone is like.  My husband liked mine so much that he had me order one for him.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/I-m-getting-a-new-Tracfone/m-p/6446222/highlight/true#M6062... 

Respected Contributor

@Ladygray  I just had to upgrade my tracphone because of the same reason.  I previously had a samsung and wanted another.  I liked it better than my previous LG phone.  I got the Samsung Galaxy nA20.  I just activated it last week.  Everything was very easy to do.  So far I am liking it.  Give it a try if you are unsure....don't wait too long they are saying January 1 is the cut off date....not sure if that will be true, but better safe than sorry.

Super Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ladygray , here is a thread that @gardenman started when he bought the G7 Maxx at a great price.  Several of us jumped on it once he alerted us to it.  You might read it to get a general idea of what the phone is like.  My husband liked mine so much that he had me order one for him.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/I-m-getting-a-new-Tracfone/m-p/6446222/highlight/true#M6062... 

This is great!   I will read it.  Thank you for sharing.   This buying is so hard. I looked on HSN and they had raving reviews of the LG Premier Pro Plus (my old one is an LG), and on QVC, the reviews were awful.

So having all of your guidance and others here is so helpful.