Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Need Help with Upgrading My Phone - Not Sure What to Buy

@Travone wrote:

@Ladygray  I just had to upgrade my tracphone because of the same reason.  I previously had a samsung and wanted another.  I liked it better than my previous LG phone.  I got the Samsung Galaxy nA20.  I just activated it last week.  Everything was very easy to do.  So far I am liking it.  Give it a try if you are unsure....don't wait too long they are saying January 1 is the cut off date....not sure if that will be true, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the info on the Samsung.  I have been putting off buying a new one thinking that they may extend the cut off date due to Covid... you get so used to a phone and worry if the new one doesn't work well.

I appreciate your information.   It's interesting that you went from an LG (like I have) to a Samsung.   Good to know.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray 

My wife has the Samsung A10e Tracfone as her 2nd phone. Her primary is a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Boost(now owned by Dish Network). She pays $45 per month for a fully unlimited plan.

She is happy with the Samsung A10e and has had no problems with the phone or Tracfone service. Fact, at one time she could not make calls inside our Patio Room with her S10, and could with her A10e.

Heard of the others and read some reviews. Other than the A10e, the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx would be one I would consider.

When my wife bought her Tracfone with the Samsung A10e, it was $99 with the 1500 of everything on HSN.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Ladygray 

My wife has the Samsung A10e Tracfone as her 2nd phone. Her primary is a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Boost(now owned by Dish Network). She pays $45 per month for a fully unlimited plan.

She is happy with the Samsung A10e and has had no problems with the phone or Tracfone service. Fact, at one time she could not make calls inside our Patio Room with her S10, and could with her A10e.

Heard of the others and read some reviews. Other than the A10e, the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx would be one I would consider.

When my wife bought her Tracfone with the Samsung A10e, it was $99 with the 1500 of everything on HSN.

hckynut

Thank You John!   I so appreciate the information and your wife's experience with her phone.   Funny how it worked when the other one did not.   

I am a creature of habit, so this phone changing thing really makes me nervous.  I'm not savvy, but I text and use the phone to look up things, have radio at work and for emergencies when I need help.   I still have a land line, haven't pulled that plug yet. 

I hope the transfer of phone number and minutes goes smoothly too.  Sometimes, my phone is the only means of communication with people I know (especially in this Covid world).  

I will give another read through of the A10 and the Moto and make a decision.  Never knew Motorola had smartphones before my search.  

I appreciate the guidance very much.  I probably won't know what to do with 32 gb of memory!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

My old LG 3G phone's service ends on Jan. 1.    I have had that phone for 4 years.  I wish this wasn't happening right now.

I have been studying up on phones and am not sure which to buy.

I need a Tracfone and I want one that I can keep for awhile, but one that is not overly complicated.   I want one that has good battery life and is a 32GB, since my old one was only 8GB and I kept running out of space.

The phones I've been looking at all have mostly good reviews, but I am not a tech person and not sure what is the best one.   If anyone can provide me with expertise on which one of these is a good one, I'd appreciate it.  I read a good review and then a bad one.  So, it's so confusing to me.

The ones I'm deciding about:

Samsung Galaxy A10e

Samsung Galaxy A20 6.4

LG Premier Pro Plus 6.2  (lowest rating)

Moto G7 Optimo Maxx

Moto G 6.4

I would get it on QVC or HSN, whichever has the lower price, so I can get the package of minutes.

I appreciate any guidance.   I don't want to make the wrong choice and then regret it.

Thank you!!

@Ladygray

I like the Motorola Power phone for $158, which is sold on QVC. 

It's newer than any of your selections. It has 64 GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. It also has very good cameras. It has a dual band wireless card and will run well with the Wi-Fi in your home. 

It has Android 10. 

You can find a review at Tracfone Reviewer's Blog. Com. You should be able to find many reviews with a Google search. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I have the LG Premier Pro Plus and we both like it.  We've stayed with LG phones for years now.  (Ours work on 5G; no brain damage or health problems yet...I think.)

I think everyone will have a different opinion, depending which phone they currently have.

Isn't there a special right now with two phones for something like $99?  (It's on HSN here:  Tracfone Deal )

The LG K31 Rebel

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

DH and I have the LG Premier Pro Plus and we both like it.  We've stayed with LG phones for years now.  (Ours work on 5G; no brain damage or health problems yet...I think.)

I think everyone will have a different opinion, depending which phone they currently have.

Isn't there a special right now with two phones for something like $99?  (It's on HSN here:  Tracfone Deal )

The LG K31 Rebel

Thanks for your review.   I read on the QVC reviews of the LG Premier Pro Plus a lot of people had issues with it freezing and other odd issues.   Sounds like you didn't have any of those problems.   You're right, it's hit and miss really.   I know with my LG 3g phone, it contantly ran out of storage and I never downloaded one app.  It was very user friendly. 

I guess I just need to make a decision and see what happens.  I'm not tied to it forever.   I just want a reliable one that is enjoyable to use.   I have a hard time getting out of my comfort zone.  LOL

Super Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

My old LG 3G phone's service ends on Jan. 1.    I have had that phone for 4 years.  I wish this wasn't happening right now.

I have been studying up on phones and am not sure which to buy.

I need a Tracfone and I want one that I can keep for awhile, but one that is not overly complicated.   I want one that has good battery life and is a 32GB, since my old one was only 8GB and I kept running out of space.

The phones I've been looking at all have mostly good reviews, but I am not a tech person and not sure what is the best one.   If anyone can provide me with expertise on which one of these is a good one, I'd appreciate it.  I read a good review and then a bad one.  So, it's so confusing to me.

The ones I'm deciding about:

Samsung Galaxy A10e

Samsung Galaxy A20 6.4

LG Premier Pro Plus 6.2  (lowest rating)

Moto G7 Optimo Maxx

Moto G 6.4

I would get it on QVC or HSN, whichever has the lower price, so I can get the package of minutes.

I appreciate any guidance.   I don't want to make the wrong choice and then regret it.

Thank you!!

@Ladygray

I like the Motorola Power phone for $158, which is sold on QVC. 

It's newer than any of your selections. It has 64 GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. It also has very good cameras. It has a dual band wireless card and will run well with the Wi-Fi in your home. 

It has Android 10. 

You can find a review at Tracfone Reviewer's Blog. Com. You should be able to find many reviews with a Google search. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Didn't see that one.   64 gbs... wow... never have seen one in a smartphone with Tracfone before. 

Super Contributor

I had the Samsung Galaxy A10e and liked it ok but just upgraded to the A20 and really love it.  The larger size works for me and the color clarity on the screen is so pretty.  I bought it from HSN a couple weeks ago and the price has gone way up and their prices seem to change up and down.  QVC price seems to remain the same.

If you get either of the Galaxy phones, I would suggest doing a factory reset on the phone before you transfer everything and activate it.  Sometimes with those phones there is a glitch to activate and a factory reset it the only thing to fix it.  It only takes a second if you do it first then you should have a smooth activation.

Good luck deciding!

Honored Contributor

I love my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx, but Amazon has the Samsung A20 on sale for Cyber Monday for $99.99. You don't get a plan with it, but that's a good price for it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Ladygray

Thanks for the suggestion.  Didn't see that one.   64 gbs... wow... never have seen one in a smartphone with Tracfone before. 

@Ladygray

You welcome.

Most  Android phones today that come from the three major cellular companies have 128GB of storage.

Apple does sells iphones with 64 GB of storage.