Trusted Contributor

Need Help With Printer problem

Hi.  I sure hope someone can help me.  I switched TV, internet, and phone providers last Thursday and have not been able to use my printer since then.  

He gave me a new wi-fi user name and password.  My Kindle and cell phone did not work, either, but I think I have those problems solved by changing the wi-fi setting.

But, I cannot figure out how to change the Wi-Fi setting for the printer.  I have tried going to the printer properties, to the control panel, and a couple of other things but do not see anything about wi-fi for the printer.  I know it has to be there somewhere, but where?

I'm technology challenged, so if you could help me, please list what I have to do step by step and in language that I can understand.  

Thank you so much for any assistance you could give.

wismiss

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help With Printer problem

Can you go to the manufacturer's website and find the user guide for your model?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Can you go to the manufacturer's website and find the user guide for your model?

That's exactly what I would do. Find the user manual for your printer online and it should have an answer for you.

Respected Contributor

Go to the internet and type in:  How did I change the wifi setting on my (name) printer?

Honored Contributor

delete printer

and reinstall using the wizard or allow your computer to find the printer over wifi

Honored Contributor

On my printer you adjust the  WiFi settings directly on the printer.  It has an option under 'settings' on the little screen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

On my printer you adjust the  WiFi settings directly on the printer.  It has an option under 'settings' on the little screen.

Get into your printer setting and select the option "join a network" or something similar.  You will go through the initial setup just like you did with your old network.  Once it's connected to your wireless network, you computer should recognize it.  If not, run the add a printer setup on your computer. 

I solved this problem years ago.  When I get a new router, I get into the Router settings and change the default name and password to the old one I was using.  That way I don't have to reconnect any of my devices.