Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Device to Listen to Radio as a Passenger While Husband is Driving

On 8/8/2014 knmt said:

When I work out in the yard, I use a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 player It's very little and I plug in earphones and put it in my shirt pocket since it's only approx. 2" x1". It has outstanding sound and has FM radio. Runs around $25-$30.

2nd vote, sounds so good!

Honored Contributor

I just bought another IPod Nano (yes, I have multiples) last week and it has radio. For 150 dollars you can put on LOTS of books, audio books, music, radio, it is a pedometer, etc. I LOVE those tiny little miracles! They are bluetooth too, so a wireless speaker works great with them.

Trusted Contributor

Listen to your husband. He sounds like he is on the right track especially about most of those fanatical Talk Radio 'news"" show.
Trusted Contributor

If you're looking for a just a regular AM/FM radio, you can go online and get an AM/FM Sony transitor radio. I have 3 of them at my house, one for the bathroom, kitchen and outside. Mine were $10 each and have excellent reception. There is also a slot for headphones so you can listen on your own.

Here's the one I own:

http://www.abt.com/product/10994/Sony-ICFS10MK2.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign...

Honored Contributor

Your husband is right this time. Politically-oriented talk shows are toxic to civil public discourse.

Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 ValuSkr said:

Your husband is right this time. Politically-oriented talk shows are toxic to civil public discourse.

Why do you and others have to make a simple question into a political comment? What she wants to listen to is none of your business.

Esteemed Contributor

Apologies to all for not acknowledging your wonderful suggestions. I've been ill for the last two and a half days with the flu my granddaughter gave me.

I've just skimmed, so need to go back and read every single word.

Thanks, again.

Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/8/2014 gazelle77 said: Why not turn OFF the radio in the car.....AND TALK to each other?

Here we go again. Why so contrary? If I wanted to converse with my husband, I would not have posted this query. Geesh!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/8/2014 sunshine45 said:

smart phone.....i have xm/sirius on my cell phone, but it isnt free. there are also lots of your local radio and tv stations that have apps where you can listen for free usually. all you have to do is download it onto your phone or even a tablet.

I have a smart phone, but found that I had to delete 75% of the apps on my phone because my phone bill was ridiculously high, even without app use. So, if I downloaded Iheart, of instance, each time I used my phone to listen to the radio, my bill would go up.

I think the deal with my iPhone and ATT is that we have a lousy deal with them. When our contract time is up, I'm going to go shopping for another carrier.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Mz iMac said:
On 8/8/2014 VolvoGirl said:

I have an iPod. How do you get radio on it? I know there are internet radio stations you can get but you have to be connected to the internet for that. The iPod does not have a radio receiver built in.

I have the iPod Nano 5th Generation w/video. I assumed all iPods had a radio receiver. Mine does & it's 5 years old.

I'm glad to know this, as both my DD and SIL have iPods they rarely use. Maybe I can ask them, please, please, to gift me with one for all the babysitting I do.