Honored Contributor

Re: NOT happy about the electronics forum going away!

I'm over there too. It looks good so far. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@amyb I joined it, too.  And they have tried to set it up like it is here.  There is an electronics forum. 

@Ainhisg Yayyy! So glad to hear that! That thread is so helpful here ~ hope it continues to be so with some of the same knowledgeable people. Smiley Happy

I was just over there and posted on the Electronics thread.  Hopefully, you all can go over there.  It's nice.

Honored Contributor

I don't come over here everyday but I consider this the most useful forum...well, along with Wellness.  Hopefully the Proboards will be as good.  The format looks like it mirrors this one.

I went over to the FB QVC and it's not the same at all.  It's all about their products, not people oriented at all.  Also, I don't want everybody that not connected to me personally to be able to go to my FB page.  No anonymity at all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Thank you to everyone who helped me solve some problems and to also save some money! We had a great thing going here and it's sad that it is the end of an era.

Honored Contributor

@Marybella @Ainhisg @Mmsfoxxie @Winkk @gardenman 

The Q has now changed its mind about shutting the board down in Nov..

but what will happen after the holidays??

I'm staying at mellg board.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam , I'm gonna utilize both.  This board is the simplest to use and I think I can learn Proboards with time.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Marybella @Ainhisg @Mmsfoxxie @Winkk @gardenman 

The Q has now changed its mind about shutting the board down in Nov..

but what will happen after the holidays??

I'm staying at mellg board.

Thank you. 

I am going to stay with the two groups. 

Valued Contributor

I wasn't aware the q was going to use another board.  I have had so much help using my computer over the years and thank everyone that helped me.  Right now my computer says it doesn't have what I need for Windows 11 so I came to see if others see the same on their computer.  I went to the other board and do we use our info that we put in when we go into our account here? 

Super Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I wasn't aware the q was going to use another board.  I have had so much help using my computer over the years and thank everyone that helped me.  Right now my computer says it doesn't have what I need for Windows 11 so I came to see if others see the same on their computer.  I went to the other board and do we use our info that we put in when we go into our account here? 

Those in charged have decided to keep the boards.  So, you don't need to go anywhere for help. 

As long as you can get security updates, there is no reason to upgrade to Windows 11.  Personally, I would buy a new computer if I wanted to upgrade the operating system using a Windows computer.  The hardware inside the computer may not have new drivers compatible with the latest operatiing system and can cause all types of problems.  Plus, your older software may not work either.  I'm having that problem with my Macs. 

Honored Contributor

@kismet wrote:

Regarding Windows 11, I would wait a while if you've got a choice. Microsoft will support Windows 10 through 2024 or 2025 and may even extend that. The vast majority of computers now in use don't qualify for the upgrade to Windows 11. Giving the new operating system a year or so to get sorted out is typically smarter than being an early adopter. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!