Respected Contributor

NOT happy about the electronics forum going away!

[ Edited ]

I consider myself to be a reasonably tech-savvy person.  Not an expert by any means but not a rookie either.  That being said, this is my favorite forum on the board.  I find out about OS updates, new Tracfone deals (Thank you, @gardenman), and other things that interest me.  While here, I do check out several of the other forums and have made purchases based on what I see:  special deals, rebate sites % off, etc.  I joined the FB page that is "replacing" the boards, and at the time, it was mostly just discussions about makeup and fashion, so I left the group, because at this stage in my life, that doesn't really interest me.  I think QVC is shooting themselves in the foot by doing this, but what do we, the customers know, right?  Boo on the forums closing November 2!!!!!  ETA: I'm most unhappy about the electronics forum, but all the forums are closing November 2.

Respected Contributor

Re: NOT happy about the electronics forum going away!

I KNOW!! That is the first thing I thought of! I loved knowing I could count on electronics advice here...as I always need that when making that type of purchase. Lord knows you can't get knowledgable help inside a store anymore, it helped so much to get info on that forum!!

It was a one stop shop for all questions electronics, vs. having to Google around everywhere and not always finding the same kind of clear, concise info and answers to your questions like here. 

So sorry to see all this go away. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the traffic here is slow and the company has more input on Facebook.

I found a social media app "Reddit".

When you do a Google search use the word Reddit at the end of search.

Thanks for the sad news. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the update.  I had no idea the boards are going away. 

Respected Contributor

I relied on these forums for electronic advice, books, kitchen advice, etc...so sad they are going away.  I am sure it has something to do with MONEY.

That being said, what can be an alternative way for us to communicate with each other?  I try to stay away from Facebook...so tired of all the political banter...

Honored Contributor

They never really used the forums effectively as a marketing tool. Simple things like providing links to items being discussed. Presale pricing/discounts for forum users. Advanced buying options for future sale items for forum users, and more could have been done pretty easily.

When I bought my new phone here back in June it would have been easy for them to add a link to the phone in question on our discussions. It was a good phone on sale for a good price but they didn't make it easy for others to find it. They could have posted how long the sale would last. 

I think a forum can be used effectively in marketing products, but the Q forums have never made that move. Instead of valuing the forum users they've more tried to drive us away. As customer engagement goes, it's not the ideal strategy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman : I have always enjoyed your very informative post. I appreciate you and all the information you provided to help me with the cell phones before making a purchase. I will truly miss you and very one else that was so kind and willing to help.⭐️⭐️⭐️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

I went over to the new forums at Proboards (can't post the link, they remove it here but maybe the original thread about it is still up)...hope more people from here go there..

Melly G dot Proboards dot com 

there, not in link form... they've started q forum friends thread under "General discussions".  hope this helps 

Respected Contributor

@amyb I joined it, too.  And they have tried to set it up like it is here.  There is an electronics forum. 

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@amyb I joined it, too.  And they have tried to set it up like it is here.  There is an electronics forum. 

@Ainhisg Yayyy! So glad to hear that! That thread is so helpful here ~ hope it continues to be so with some of the same knowledgeable people. Smiley Happy