Honored Contributor

My wireless mice don't like my new Nintendo Switch

Interesting. I got a new OLED Nintendo Switch this morning and my wireless mice (both of them) are not happy about it. Apparently the Joy-Con controllers and the mice use the same frequency to communicate and the mice are not happy about it. My normal mouse is very jumpy and sensitive all of a sudden and my old, backup mouse operates backward now some of the time where up is down and down is up. Left is right and right is left. And it switches randomly, so using it is "interesting." So, I've now ordered a wired mouse that will be here tomorrow that should solve the issue. 

If you use a wireless mouse or keyboard and add something new to your household and the mouse/keyboard goes gaga, there's a good chance the new device is interfering with the old one. The things you learn. I've known it was possible, but this is the first time I've experienced it.

When the mouse was going gaga this morning, I switched batteries first assuming it was a dying battery. Nope. Then I went to the backup mouse and still had issues. The new mouse will be here tomorrow and the problem should be solved. In the meantime, I'll be wrestling with an erratic mouse. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: My wireless mice don't like my new Nintendo Switch

Get yourself a pro controller.