Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest,   Yes, download your TracFone Account App, sign in and you will always know when you will have to buy more of anything.

I use my APP every day to check on my account.

Honored Contributor

I had sined up for the prepaid ,auto refill ,which was to last until 2019,a few days ago was talking to my mom,the phone lost service,i went on line ,they said i had used up my air time,  so idid auto refill again ,this time it was $135.00 , at this rate i will use up again,  this is getting more expensive than i thought it would.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had no idea there was a app ,for that ,i got it,thanks. I guess i use mine alot ,my minutes were to last until 2019,i ran out!

I always run out!  lol

Contributor

From the looks of your posts are you also using your Tracfone to post here on the Forum?  Do you not have any wi-fi to use instead?  These things will cause you to use up your minutes faster.

Honored Contributor

@The Odd One wrote:

From the looks of your posts are you also using your Tracfone to post here on the Forum?  Do you not have any wi-fi to use instead?  These things will cause you to use up your minutes faster.

No ,i am not ,i have a laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

@The Odd One wrote:

Using the Internet without Wi-fi will only affect data, it won't affect talk time minutes. Wi-Fi and data aren't needed to make calls. 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had sined up for the prepaid ,auto refill ,which was to last until 2019,a few days ago was talking to my mom,the phone lost service,i went on line ,they said i had used up my air time,  so idid auto refill again ,this time it was $135.00 , at this rate i will use up again,  this is getting more expensive than i thought it would.

My concern is that you paid so much though you didn't say how many minutes, etc., you got. I don't even see a plan, smartphone or auto-refill (on the website), for $135.You may have included tax which makes sense.

The most expensive plan I see is $125 ($118.75 if you do auto-refill) for 1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1.5 GB data and 365 days of service.

There's one for $35 ($33.25) for 750 minutes, 1000 texts, 1 GB data, 60 days service. For $135 you could have had almost four of this plan which would give you almost 3000 minutes. Of course you'd only get 8 months additional service but it sounds like you had plenty of service days already. 

You mention it's getting expensive and I think for people who use a lot of minutes it can be. Even so, I just hope you're getting the best deal available to you.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2,Thank you, i think perhaps i am not , ijust don't understand why i can not buy just  talk minutes alone , i have lots of text time , and do text ,but not alot.

Respected Contributor

Re: My tracfone

[ Edited ]

Walmart has just Tracfone Minutes cards you can buy. They have 60 minutes, 120 minutes and 200 minutes. I buy just Tracfone text from them at $5.00 for 1000 text.

Is this what you are looking for? 

Honored Contributor

On your phone you should have an app called my account - it tells you how many days of service - how many min and how much text & data you have left.It comes installed in your phone and you NEED to set it up so you can keep track. Tracfone has provided this so you don't get into the situation that just happened to you. You really need to set it up and learn to use it.If you can't get it set up - call Tracfone customer service and let them help you.