Respected Contributor

My iPhone sets off store alarms

Anyone else have this issue.  It just started doing this about a month ago.  I have an

iphone6s.   The store alarm goes off when I enter the store and again when I leave.  It's really embarrasing.  If I leave my phone in the car I don't set off the alarm, but I don't want to leave it in the car during the hot weather.  I shouldn't have to do that anyway.  I've had the phone almost 2 yrs and haven't had an issue until now. 

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, what's the solution?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My iPhone sets off store alarms

[ Edited ]

I would take the phone to the Apple Store and let one of their "geniuses" find a solution.

Esteemed Contributor

Turn the phone off when you go into the store ... that should solve the problem until you get it fixed 🙃

Honored Contributor

I have Coach handbag that always set off store alarms.  One day it set off the alarm when I entered a Lowe's store.  I told the sales clerk that it always did that.  She said to give her the bag and she'd fix it.....and she did.  Haven't heard a peep out of it since.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have Coach handbag that always set off store alarms.  One day it set off the alarm when I entered a Lowe's store.  I told the sales clerk that it always did that.  She said to give her the bag and she'd fix it.....and she did.  Haven't heard a peep out of it since.

She fixed your bag?

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Anyone else have this issue.  It just started doing this about a month ago.  I have an

iphone6s.   The store alarm goes off when I enter the store and again when I leave.  It's really embarrasing.  If I leave my phone in the car I don't set off the alarm, but I don't want to leave it in the car during the hot weather.  I shouldn't have to do that anyway.  I've had the phone almost 2 yrs and haven't had an issue until now. 

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, what's the solution?

enter the phrase you used in this topic to your search engine and see if there are any hits, and go from there

sometimes my keys  have done this,   I don't worry too much about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOL Another reason I am not a Iphone user.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

No

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Never had that experience.  Although, the old remote to the house alarm would sometimes set off the sensors.  It may not be the phone but something else in your purse.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo@Does your phone case have the security strip in it that needs to be deactivated?That is what was probably the problem with the coach handbag.