Honored Contributor

My iPad loses battery power faster than before.

Would replacing the battery help? Is this possible to do?

QVC Customer Care

Re: My iPad loses battery power faster than before.

This post has been removed by QVC because of the active retail site in the link.

Honored Contributor

I think they all start going downhill the day you get them.  @dooBdoo  might be able to answer your question.  She knows Apple products well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My husband's did that.  Eventually gave up and got a new one.  I don't remember if he was able to get a new battery for it, but he tried several things, none of which worked.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 Ipads in the house and they range from 10 years old to 5 years old and they all have great battery life.  

Honored Contributor

My Samsung tablet specifically said it was sealed and made to NOT replace parts.  So then you go on YouTube and find instructions for doing it.  I tried and tried but was never successful and also eventually bought a new one.  Maybe a tech trained in electronics could do it but not the average person.  I saw an estimate for have a tech do it and gave up that idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden, some apps use more battery than others. I know that the coloring and gaming apps seem to drain the battery faster than others (like email, etc). Since it's still charging and you're able to still use it, it might be advantageous to trade it in and use that to upgrade to a newer one. You can check on your trade in value at Best Buy or Apple, both online. Best Buy will price match if it's cheaper somewhere else, like Amazon or Walmart's (as long as it's in stock and the same one).  

Honored Contributor

When an IPad gets old, they run out of battery life rather quickly.

I once replaced a battery with instructions I found on YouTube.  You have to purchase a seal kit which is just tape that is sticky on both sides cut into the shape of your IPad model.  

Then you need the correct battery and special tools to open the iPad and small screw drivers to remove components.

The battery is placed just right underneath the glass screen.  That means you have to disaasemble many pieces to get to it.  Is it easy?  No. There are a ton of wires.

i have an Mini iPad that runs out of battery life after about one hour.  I just keep it plugged in and use it that way.

I bought a new iPad recently...wow, it charges fast and the battery life is decent.

I would not recommend you try to replace your battery yourself, but I have noticed that some malls have kiosks that offer battery service and screen replacements for electronics.  I don't know what they charge.  I paid about $30 for the parts ( from e-bay ) to replace my iPad battery.  If I was charging for labor....that would be another $500.

I did it, but it wasn't easy or fun.

Respected Contributor

@Toot1920 is correct. Some apps are just juice suckers whether you're using them or not because depending on settings, they may be constantly looking to update. Close out and shut down what you're not using, especially something like Bluetooth. Check for software updates. X out your browser pages. And it never hurts to totally power down and turn off the device 

Those are my suggestions. Hope it helps some.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  Thankyou! There is a business in the mall called BATTERY AND BULBS.  They will be the place  I go too.