Occasional Contributor

My first post . Can anyone tell me how to copy and paste with windows 8.1 ?

Good evening . Can anyone tell me in simple terms how to copy and paste on my new Dell with windows 8.1 ? I could hit the back button on my old computer with 7 . I feel like crying .

I paid a lot for my dell on QVC . Now I want to throw it out the window . {#emotions_dlg.confused1} TIA.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My first post . Can anyone tell me how to copy and paste with windows 8.1 ?

I do it the same. How were you doing it before? There's more than one way.

Super Contributor

Are you using a tablet or a computer? If you're using a computer you should be able to highlight what you want and then use ""ctrl c"" to copy and ""ctrl v"" to paste.
Trusted Contributor

Are you using a keyboard or just the touch screen?

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Touch screen - Press and hold on a word or image. Let go and a menu should pop up with options. Press "Select" to highlight that one word. Press "Select All" to highlight everything. If you want to highlight some but not all, choose, "Select" and then you should be able to press with your finger on the handles at each end of the word. Drag to highlight more text. This will most likely take some practice. Smiley Wink

To paste, move to the spot where you want to paste the copied text or image and do the long press with your finger in that spot. Let go and you will see the options again. Choose "Paste." Done!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I highlight the words and right click for the menu.

Trusted Contributor

Keyboard and Mouse - Use the mouse to highlight the text you want to copy. Press your CTRL key and "C" key at the same time. The text is now in your computer's memory or "clipboard." Move your mouse and click in the spot where you want to paste the text or image. Press your CTRL key and "V" key at the same time. Voila! The copied text/image appears.

To undo changes you wish you hadn't made, press the CTRL key and the "Z" key at the same time. You can do that over and over until the Computer can't undo anything else.

Images can be tricky but usually you can move your mouse over the image and "Right-Click." A menu pops up and select "Copy Image." Then use the instructions above to paste. You will have fun playing around with all of that and practicing Smiley Wink

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

India, keep in mind that some antivirus software blocks your ability to copy/paste from/to some programs. You may need some help changing the settings in your antivirus if you can't use the instructions posted above. It's an easy change but you have to be comfortable changing "allowed programs" in those settings.

KJPA
Occasional Contributor

Thank you everyone . I use a keyboard . I use to highlight , right click and paste . I turn 50 in June with a 9 year old . My daughter can do more on windows . I will try every tip until I learn . I really appreciate all of you . I will learn how to respond to each reply . Happy I found the forum after 30 years of shopping on QVC . Smile

PS. I use a Laptop.

Respected Contributor

FYI, YouTube had a gazillion videos showing you how to do everything including computer use.

How to copy/paste