Honored Contributor

Re: My credit cards on file on the Amazon site keep getting hacked....

@Mz iMac wrote:

Pay by checks or money orders.

might be wrong but does Amz accept these?

Trusted Contributor

Make sure you SIGN OUT of Amazon after each use.  A friend never did and was getting hacked regularly.  Unless you manually sign out, you are not always signed out.  

Super Contributor

I use my Amazon credit card all the time and have never been hacked. Give them a call. It could have something to do with your being hacked through Experian. Does any one else have access to your computers? Also, if you use public wi fi, someone can get into your computer whether or not you are ordering at the time. Give that up and see if that works.

Esteemed Contributor

I bet using Public WiFi has something to do with it.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I order from Amazon every week and have not had my credit card hacked.  I've been ordering from them for years.  I think that's very strange.

Same here.  It has never ever happened with me. I've been with Aamazon and Amazon Prime for years.  I order from them all the time.  I order food from them now.  I also never use wi fi, never on my phone either.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I order from Amazon every week and have not had my credit card hacked.  I've been ordering from them for years.  I think that's very strange.

I don't order that much but, I use Amazon a lot, have my credit card stored and have never been hacked.  I was also part of the big data breach, froze my credit and I haven't had any problems.  I believe people have their identity stolen, but I also think this is strange. 

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

My router at home and at work have a password. Do I need to do more?

Is your network password protected?  If using a Mac, you can check your network as well as your neighbors by going to.....

Finder menubar>wifi-icon Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at Sun, Apr 22, 2018-10.05.50 AM.png

Click on the icon.  You will see a list of everyone using wi-fi in your area.  The locked networks will show a padlock. 

Does your network name show a locked padlock?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Call Amazon and Chase.  Chase caught a problem  for me even before Lifelock.  They are second to none.  

Someone tried to buy a ticket from LaGuardia to New Orleans on my dime.  LOl  They stopped it before I knew it was happening.  And then there was the sandwich in a take out dive in Hondurus.  We got that straight really really fast.

One hint.  Before going away somewhere always notify your credit card companies you are leaving for somewhere else.  I carry two cards in case my credit card company tries to block it.  

Honored Contributor

I ONLY buy anything online using paypal. If a site doesn't take paypal I don't use it.

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Make sure you SIGN OUT of Amazon after each use.  A friend never did and was getting hacked regularly.  Unless you manually sign out, you are not always signed out.  

Good idea.  Thank you!  I don't ever sign out and didn't think about it!