Valued Contributor

My Vizio TV Soundbar Went Crazy When I Hooked Up My New Roku!

I activated my new ROKU, and suddenly, no matter what I did, I could not adjust the sound on my Vizio soundbar - it was constantly LOUD at the highest volume. I tried everything, even chatted with Vizio customer service for an hour, and nothing we tried, not even a factory reset, would bring the volume down. I even unplugged the darn thing (the optical cable was still attached to the TV) and it was still on and blasting! Can't figure that one out unless I have a poltergeist! I finally switched from external speakers back to the TV speakers, and that finally got it to shut up! I just called Vizio again and the lady said she would try a remote factory reset. I plugged everything back in and got ready to have my ears blasted again, but everything was back to normal. 

This happened once before, but I can't remember what I did that time to cause my Vizio to just blast at full volume without being able to turn it down. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Vizio TV Soundbar Went Crazy When I Hooked Up My New Roku!

Try a Google search of your problem. 

Valued Contributor

Re: My Vizio TV Soundbar Went Crazy When I Hooked Up My New Roku!

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Try a Google search of your problem. 

Yep, spent about 2 hours doing that. 

Occasional Contributor

to thair contact center? Re: My Vizio TV Soundbar Went Crazy When I Hooked Up My New Roku!

Call to thair Contact centre, it may help you