Trusted Contributor

My Smartphone is Smarter Than Me! Help, Please!!

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro.  I tried to send some photos to my sister and all of them failed.  I keep receiving the notification about my g-mail account, "Sign in failed."  I can access that g-mail account on my computer, but not on the phone.  Any ideas?  If I need to contact someone, would it be my service provider, Samsung, or who? 

As you can probably tell, I am not a techie so I do appreciate any advice/help you could give me.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Smartphone is Smarter Than Me! Help, Please!!

Hi @wismiss i’m Guessing you are not receiving email on your email app? If not, you need to set that up.  I don’t have a Samsung, so can’t walk you through it, but You can open up the app and see if it walks you through it.  If not, google “how to set up gmail on my Samsung ..”. Once your email app is set up, you can email the pictures.  I’m sure you can do this.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

yes, make sure you are signed into your gmail account on your phone OR make sure you are signed into your email account via a mail app  if you dont want to use gmail.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss 

Or.. send your pictures attached to texts instead of email. 

Esteemed Contributor

Please save a copy of all pictures to Google Drive.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro.  I tried to send some photos to my sister and all of them failed.  I keep receiving the notification about my g-mail account, "Sign in failed."  I can access that g-mail account on my computer, but not on the phone.  Any ideas?  If I need to contact someone, would it be my service provider, Samsung, or who? 

As you can probably tell, I am not a techie so I do appreciate any advice/help you could give me.

Make sure the photos aren't too big to send.  Most ISP have a limit of what you can send through e-mail. 

Honored Contributor

The first thing you have to do is find the Google Gmail app on your phone and open it. Google (who makes the Android OS) tends to put all of their apps in a little bundle labeled "Google." A lot of people assume that's just the Google Search Engine, but it's that and much more. Click on the bundle of apps labeled "Google" and you'll find Google, Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Drive, Play Music, Play Movies and TV, Duo, and then swipe right and Photos, Docs, Sheets, and Slides ( maybe more, maybe less depending on the phone) will all be tappable. Tap on the Gmail icon and it should open up and let you sign in. If your sign-in isn't working, then double check that you're entering it exactly right. Sign-ins are case sensitive and things like lowercase L's, I's, and the number 1 can be entered incorrectly. The letter O and the number 0 can also be an issue logging in. If none of that helps, post back and we'll go from there. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your replies.  I was able to send the pictures to my sister with your help.  Again, thank you.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

You need to set up gmail on your phone in order to send the photos via gmail from the phone. You can have more than one email account on the phone but the gmail one will be an app from google. You can use your gmail email address with it too.