It's gone.... 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My New iPhone // Keep or Not ??

@cbrite why did you buy the phone?

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I bought it as I hoped it would trigger me into feeling better and going outside with new opportunities... or going back into video editiing... and thinking positive about life.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

My iPhone is my compact personal computer that goes everywhere with me. In fact, when I post here it’s almost always on my iPhone.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@cbrite.  Yes, I would return it.  I'm in a similar situation and rarely make cell calls so I would not even consider regular cell service with an expensive phone.   My last month with Sprint, I  paid $50. and made one call.  One heck of an expensive phone call.  That's when I switched to Tracfone.  I now pay $100/year for service, texts and phone minutes.  I have over 6,000 minutes accumulated.  This phone is attractive with a pretty cover I got on eBay.  Serves all my needs.

@Kachina624    I also have about 6,000 minutes piled up on my Tracfone.     Basically, the only time the phone leaves my purse is to charge it.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I can't imagine being only available by a landline. Even my non-tech neighbor has started using her cell phone for texting and as her main contact number when dealing with doctors or other important call backs.  Oh well, to each his/her own.   

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

I bought it as I hoped it would trigger me into feeling better and going outside with new opportunities... or going back into video editiing... and thinking positive about life.

I was asking because I was wondering what was the plan for the phone, since you seem to have a tracphone.  I am not sure how the phone would accomplish these things you had in mind for it.  It looks like you returned it?  Your Mac can be upgraded with video editing feautures.  It looks like maybe you wanted your phone to shoot video?  I don't know how mch you spent for your phone, but if it is too expensive, there are alternatives.  I would think about what I want to accomplish and look for something that meets those needs.

I use my iphone mostly to connect with people, maintain contact information, keep appointments, let people know when I am running late, find them in a crowded place, set reminders, find directions, note taking, listen to music, as an alarm clock, take pictures, read and send email, read news and other reading material, research questions that come up, and spot things I may shop for online.  I usually shop on my computer because I need a bigger screen.  Would love to upgrade, but since my phone works well after more than 5 years (the pictures could be much better), can't justify financiallly.  Money well spent.  Love my iphone!

Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Kachina624 

It's gone.... 

@cbrite.  I think you were wise.  No use worrying about paying the bill on something you don't need or use.  Makes life stressful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  That's the way mine is too except I've been using mine this week for the board comments since my tablet won't charge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  That's the way mine is too except I've been using mine this week for the board comments since my tablet won't charge.

@Kachina624   I have the "super cheapo" model from Walmart....I think it "might" take a picture.....but the directions were confusing.   Nothing around here I'd photograph anyway(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥