Respected Contributor

My New iPhone // Keep or Not ??

I love the phone...it's so pretty but very expensive for me.

I have only a few days to return it...

1. I have no one to call nor call me. I only have 2 numbers of 911 and TAXI.....so, seems silly I need it. 

2. I love the video + photo thingy..but then, my health is not allowing me to use it much at all at this time. 

It just sits here so if it were you, would you return it ?

Apple was kind enough to allow me 14 additional days to return it. I'm feeling a bit down about the entire process but have to make a decision asap. 

TIA

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Re: My New iPhone // Keep or Not ??

@cbrite wrote:

1. I have no one to call nor call me. I only have 2 numbers of 911 and TAXI.....so, seems silly I need it. 

2. I love the video + photo thingy..but then, my health is not allowing me to use it much at all at this time. 

Apple was kind enough to allow me 14 additional days to return it. I'm feeling a bit down about the entire process but have to make a decision asap. 

TIA

If you really have no use for all of the features, return it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it’s not a financial hardship, keep it. Do you have an iPad?  If not, it does everything a computer does but it’s portable.  However, if you’re not using it for any of the things you’d use a computer for, return it. Don’t you at least need a phone for when you go out if you needed some help.....if the car broke down, etc. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I think its less expensive than an emergency service!!  In that event, I hope you have to never use it!!

Respected Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

TIA

For the money, you can buy a great camera to use when you are feeling better. It sounds like you only need a non-smart phone. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I don't have an iPad....nor want one.

I have my little LG840G  pay as you go Trac phone which I've had for a very long time now. It still has lots of minutes as it was the triple thing they offered at that time. 

I have my main iMac desktop which I use each day mostly.

Thank you for your replies. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I think @K9buddy  has some good ideas.  You know, often you (people/me) find that after having something you start to experiment what you can do with this phone.

Have fun with it, read all that it does, experiment with it.

My guess is you'll start using it and finally(maybe) think, "How did I do without this thing".....then it's like, welcome to what 2019 can do for you (and your new phone).

There are some neat things you can do with your phone.

You should just think of it as making phone calls.  If is does a lot of other things, use it.  Sitting and waiting for someone, get on the internet start texting a few friends, etc.

It can/could open a lot for you.  Never be afraid of new things....it's a wonderful world out there.....enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

If you love it and can afford it, by all means, keep it! There is so much you can do with it....I would encourage you to keep the iphone, too. It's the best on the market and more people use it by far! This means that you can get assistance easily from far more people and sources than it you went with one of the cheaper phones.

Esteemed Contributor

If you can afford it, you may find that you like some of the apps.  My mom recently traded in her flip phone for an iPhone, and I was surprised how much she enjoyed the apps.  Since it's still in a trial phase, I recommend that you go into the App Store and download some free apps to see if you like them.  

Honored Contributor

@cbrite.  Yes, I would return it.  I'm in a similar situation and rarely make cell calls so I would not even consider regular cell service with an expensive phone.   My last month with Sprint, I  paid $50. and made one call.  One heck of an expensive phone call.  That's when I switched to Tracfone.  I now pay $100/year for service, texts and phone minutes.  I have over 6,000 minutes accumulated.  This phone is attractive with a pretty cover I got on eBay.  Serves all my needs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment