Regular Contributor

My Kindle won't hold a charge

My Kindle suddenly stopped holding a charge and won't go over 35% charged.  I have been on the phone with Amazon and Kindle and have followed their instructions to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Do I need a new Kindle or possibly just a new charger?

Honored Contributor

Re: My Kindle won't hold a charge

I haven't had a problem were it only partially charges.  My kindle wouldn't charge at all.  I bought a new charger and that did the trick.  If you haven't tried that, that's what I'd try.  

Regular Contributor

Thank  you!!!

Trusted Contributor

Mine was a few years old, same problem.  Ended up getting a new one.  I needed the new one anyway; the old one didn't have the backlighting.  I had mentioned upgrading to my husband previously and he came home with a clip with a light attached - and said - "here's your upgrade."  I had to laugh.  Anyway, it wouldn't hold a charge, even with a new charger, so all's well that ends well.

Honored Contributor

@travelin grandma wrote:

My Kindle suddenly stopped holding a charge and won't go over 35% charged.  I have been on the phone with Amazon and Kindle and have followed their instructions to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Do I need a new Kindle or possibly just a new charger?

Any problem I have with some device like this that won't charge, the first thing I check is the cord. Most of our experiences were traced to a faulty cord, one was on my mobile VuPoint scanner.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut  Same here.  Every time my IPad won't charge, it turns out to be the cord.

Regular Contributor

I went to Staples and the surly man wouldn't sell me a new charger; he said it wasn't the charger, but the Kindle itself.  I called the "?" icon once again and evidentaly there must have been a lot of notes about my former calls because the nice lady said she's sending me a new charger, and if it doesn't help to let them know.  We'll see..........

Respected Contributor

@travelin grandma wrote:

Petsy, I had that problem about one year ago and Amazon sent to me at no charge a new charger and it works fine now.

Regular Contributor

It's due to come today and I'm anxiously waiting!  I'm sure it's the charger because yesterday it went from 35% to 10% to 0%.  Right in the middle of a good book!