Honored Contributor

My Clickfree back up died today that I bought in 2009

I have a HP computer with Vista 7.  What should I buy to replace this ClickFree backup? It worked great up until today and now will not download... guess nothing lasts forever Smiley Sad

I think perhaps the Clickfree is no longer being manufactured as on Amazon they sell some but it says manufacture discontinue. (?) Is there another brand that will work for my computer?     I am not computer savvy at all....

Respected Contributor

Re: My Clickfree back up died today that I bought in 2009

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have a HP computer with Vista 7.  What should I buy to replace this ClickFree backup? It worked great up until today and now will not download... guess nothing lasts forever Smiley Sad

I think perhaps the Clickfree is no longer being manufactured as on Amazon they sell some but it says manufacture discontinue. (?) Is there another brand that will work for my computer?     I am not computer savvy at all....

Do you have any other backup beside the one on Clickfree?  If the drive has failed, all of you data is lost. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Do you have any other backup beside the one on Clickfree?  If the drive has failed, all of you data is lost. 

@glb613  I have only ever used the clickfree.  My computer is fine...it is the clickfree that is dead. So just need a new backup system.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@glb613  I have only ever used the clickfree.  My computer is fine...it is the clickfree that is dead. So just need a new backup system.

Appartently, you don't understand the importance of having multiple backups. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Appartently, you don't understand the importance of having multiple backups. 

Nope....computer dumb☹️

Respected Contributor

You need multiple backups unless you don't care if you lose your data.  It's really best to have one backup that isn't dependent on a program installed to retrive the data.  You can make backups using a program or ultilty, upload to the cloud, external hard drive using the drag and drop method or burn to multiple DVDs.  There are a lot of instructional videos online to teach you what to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

You need to buy a new computer or use an iPad. I would not feel safe using Vista Windows.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

You need to buy a new computer or use an iPad. I would not feel safe using Vista Windows.

I missed the Vista part.  You're right, it's so outdated, I doubt there is a backup program compatible.  I wonder if there is any anti-virus program still available? 

Honored Contributor

Ying@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg    That is my goal...  But, getting husband   on board with this idea is taking awhile. Husband usually waits until something DIES before he replaces it.... I ,on the other hand, like to get things replaced or fixed long before it dies.... and the battle goes on..

must be why we have been married for 40 years Smiley Happy... we are very Ying/Yang and complete  polar opposites... so it works out and we complement one another... he keeps me in line and I keep him inline.... even though it just takes awhile to get him to  do the right thing.....

Honored Contributor

UPDATE......

Well, I plugged in the Click Free and it worked today!  Backed up everything... maybe the computer was not working right yesterday...   working today....so for now I am fine.... but still need to buy that new computer!