Valued Contributor

My Cannon Point and Shoot results, thoughts?

Orange Hibiscus

Valued Contributor

Re: My Cannon Point and Shoot results, thoughts?

IMG_0553.JPG

Valued Contributor

IMG_0522.JPG

Respected Contributor

Great color - great photos!

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful!  I'm still in the market for a new point and shoot.  Would you be willing to share the model of your camera?  Wonderful job!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful-- refreshing!

Valued Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Beautiful!  I'm still in the market for a new point and shoot.  Would you be willing to share the model of your camera?  Wonderful job!

Thank you!  It was helpful that they were still shots for a novice like me!  LOL

I'm not sure they still make this camera, however.  These were shot in low light conditions in an enclosed tropical atomosphere in the midwest!  LOL

It is a Canon Power Shot SX610HS.  You may try your local camera shop where I purchased mine or there is always Amazon, of course!  What can't you buy there!  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful.  A dark background makes bright flowers pop.  I have some similar that I took at Longwood Gardens.   The yellow one looks like a bromeliad, of which I am a big fan. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Good4u wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

Thank you!  It was helpful that they were still shots for a novice like me!  LOL

I'm not sure they still make this camera, however.  These were shot in low light conditions in an enclosed tropical atomosphere in the midwest!  LOL

It is a Canon Power Shot SX610HS.  You may try your local camera shop where I purchased mine or there is always Amazon, of course!  What can't you buy there!  LOL

Canon updates their point-n-shoots every year or so. The differences in the last few years have only been zoom lens lengths. And the only difference between the SX720HS, which I bought a few months ago when it was "the newest" and the (now) newest 730 is that the 730 has a flip up viewfinder screen, and BT as well as wifi.

It all depends on what zoom length is important to users (or not). When I had fast unlimited wifi I used that feature, but now that my wifi is neither fast nor unlimited I use a SD card connector to my iPad and it's lightning fast. 

The 610 uses the Digic 4 processor and the later models use a Digic 6 processor. I used to do a lot of low light photography in museums, so low light non-flash performance has been important for me, but I understand it's different likes, dislikes, needs & preferences for everyone.

I also wanted a long zoom for wildlife photos - otters, birds, whales. LOL haven't been brave enough to go whale-watching yet. I'm sure to be seasick, notwithstanding all the pills in the universe.

Your photos are very nice, OP!

Taken with a 720SX:

IMG_888.jpg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

Amazing!